#15 on the Glassdoor Top 50 Medium Sized Companies to Work For!
Arista Networks is a company igniting low latency datacenters, cloud networking and computing environments. Arista offers best-of-breed 1/10/40 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet switches that redefine scalability, robustness, and price-performance metrics. Our team is comprised of experienced management and top notch engineering talent from leading networking companies. Plus we offer competitive salary, great benefits and work-life balance.
In our Burnaby office, we are looking for:
- Junior/Intermediate Software Engineers
- Senior Software Engineers
- Software Test Engineers
- We put a premium on building and using the tools that make everyone super-productive. We automate whenever we can. Why test things manually when you can develop a lab full of automated servers to do it for you 24/7? This translates into getting new features and products quicker and with a smaller team.
- Our management structure is flat and lightweight -- our engineers are empowered with full responsibility for their projects
- We value openness -- no part of the company is off-limits, meaning that our engineers have the chance to work directly with customers, participate in sales meetings, go to trade shows, recruit on campus, and deliver an amazing product.
- Be part of a company that is set for success, led by a team with a proven track record
- Enjoy the engineering oriented culture and a truly flat organizational structure
- Gain expertise in C/C++, Python and Linux
- Have flexibility on what you work
- Own your projects from design to test to ship
- Work on real projects from day one, and take on as much responsibility as you can handle
What do we do?
The life of a software engineer at Arista is quite varied; here is just a small sample of the things we have been working on:
- Hacking on the Linux kernel networking subsystem
- Building an infrastructure for automated testing (over 4 million tests run so far!)
- Designing and implementing a fully-fledged standards-compliant MSTP implementation
- Tuning ASIC register values to shave nanoseconds off switching latency
- Writing bindings to access C++ objects from Python to facilitate testing and live debugging
- Providing one-on-one mentoring and group training sessions for new engineers
- Developing an architecture to enable non-disruptive hot-swap of supervisor modules
- Designing algorithms to efficiently allocate scarce resources within switch ASICs
- Investigating the (bad!) effect of C++ virtual inheritance on system memory usage
- Creating tools to generate the code for our unique state-based IPC mechanism
What we are looking for?
- Outstanding academic/professional background
- Genuine interest in software technology
- Appreciation of good software architecture, core algorithms and data structures
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies fast
A strong background in these areas is a plus:
- Object-oriented programming
- Operating systems
- Networking (TCP/IP/Ethernet)
- C/C++, Python
Find out more details visit
Apply by clicking the 'Apply by Email' button below (Recommended).
Note: Please enter "Senior Software Engineer (Burnaby, BC) - TNet" in the subject line of your email if not using the normal T-Net "Apply" email button below to apply for this position (and you are applying directly by email instead for any reason (this is not recommended)).