Avigilon Corporation is defining the future of protection through innovative end-to-end security solutions. Avigilon's industry-leading HD network video management software, megapixel cameras, access control and video analytics products are reinventing the global security market.
As the performance and value leader, Avigilon's solutions protect and monitor thousands of customer sites in more than 100 countries around the world. Avigilon Control Center, an award-winning HD Network Video Management Software platform, a broad range of industry leading megapixel cameras (1-29 MP), open platform access control systems and video analytic solutions, deliver full situational awareness together with unmatched image detail. Campuses, transportation systems, healthcare providers, cities, retailers, and manufacturing sites are just a few of the complex business operations that benefit from the delivery of indisputable video evidence.
In 2013, Avigilon was the fastest growing company in Canada on the PROFIT 500. The Company was also named Cantech's Stock of the Year (TSX), as voted by Canada's top financial analysts. The previous year saw Avigilon named the Fastest Growing Technology Company in Canada, the Fastest Growing Software Company in North America for the second year in a row, and the 'Company of the Year' by the BC Technology Industry Association.
We are looking for the best people: smart, creative, passionate about their work, and excited for new challenges.
As a member of our software team you will become part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team responsible for the creation of the next generation of Avigilon's market-leading products. The software component of these products includes high throughput networking, image analysis and processing, image rendering, and data storage subsystems in addition to an intuitive .NET GUI client, web client, and mobile clients. You will be chiefly responsible for designing and implementing a subset of these components.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating cutting edge client interfaces for our Control Center software on the IOS and Android platforms
- Contributing to the design of new products and features
- Preparing design and maintenance documentation
- Estimating and tracking time required to complete tasks
- Contributing to the development of web interfaces for our Control Center Software
- Contributing to the development of the Windows client for our Control Center Software
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Excellent software design, programming, and debugging skills
- 2-5 years of experience in IOS and Android development
- Proficiency with Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, Java, and the Android SDK
- Experience consuming RESTful web services
- A strong sense of usability and aesthetics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise documentation
- Self-motivated, with the ability to learn quickly and independently, and work within a team
- Formal training in usability or HCI
- Experience with .NET Windows UI frameworks (C#, WPF, WinForms)
- Knowledge of digital imaging and audio/video coding
- Experience with web application frameworks (Rails, Django, etc)
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc)
- Experience with Agile software development practices
Follow and learn more about Avigilon at: