You will be working with a talented and passionate team to bring about BMC's next generation service catalog.
You will be working with a BA and a product owner to understand the requirements and define scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing. You will help assess, estimate, develop test plans/cases and execute them. You will participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load and system testing. You collaborate closely with the UI/UX design and product development team to make sure the requirements are understood and quality goals met. You will be responsible for ensuring the overall top quality of our product.
This is a role for talented developers who have a strong sense of ownership, can make decisions in a fast pace environment, influence change and enjoy building cool software. Yes! Enterprise software can be cool!
What will you be responsible for?
You will perform functional testing of new and existing features, maintaining and developing regression test suites, communicate status regularly and effectively to project and functional leadership, execution of automated testing scripts, bug fixes verification, documenting defects in a bug tracking system, configuring the test environments and performance testing of the applications. You will also participate in quality measures reviews while assisting with QA process enhancements based on industry standards and practices.
This position is for an experienced software QA professional. You will need the following qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent education
• 3+ years of professional experience in testing software
• Excellent communicator
• Experience in testing web applications, mobile applications and APIs
• Experience in testing multiple software projects simultaneously
• Experience in working with a structured software methodology
• Experience in systems integration and user acceptance testing
• Experience with test case management and issue tracking tools
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle including requirements definition, initial application design, testing, final implementation and operations.
• Comfortable working with database to create test data sets and analyze the test results
• Comfortable working with Windows, Mac and Unix command line
• Committed to the overall quality of the product
• Familiar with black box testing
• Familiar with Agile development methodology
• Basic knowledge of programming concepts
• Able to manage your own time to meet the deadlines
• Committed to work onsite with the rest of the Vancouver team and collaborate with team members spread across the globe.
Nice to haves
• Experience creating scripts for automating processes.
• Experience with Selenium, Cucumber, Silk Test or other automated and load testing tools
• Experience with TestLink