Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) helps protect networks, users and data from continually evolving threats. As a global leader in high-performance network security and a market leader in unified threat management (UTM), we enable businesses and governments to consolidate and integrate stand-alone technologies without suffering performance penalties. Unlike costly, inflexible and low-performance alternatives, Fortinet solutions empower customers to embrace new technologies and business opportunities while protecting essential systems and content. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with offices around the world. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a challenging and rewarding environment for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team. Learn more at www.fortinet.com.
Do you want to make the world a safer place? Fight cybercrime as an Anti-Virus Analyst!
Fortinet has an exciting opportunity for new grads to join our Anti-Virus Analyst team in Burnaby. You have an appetite for learning botnets, viruses, and other malicious software analysis techniques to make the world a safer place. Build your malware knowledge and reverse engineer different types of malware - file infectors, network worms, Trojans, backdoors, rootkits, etc...
Wait. You don't know how to produce virus signatures to detect malware. The more reason to join Fortinet!
Fortinet has a training program for all Anti-Virus Analysts where you will learn with your peers, how to analyze viruses and help our customers detect and understand the behavior of malware. As a new grad, this extensive training will help you excel in your role to become an expert in this field and prepare you for a range of internal growth opportunities, as Fortinet is recognized as a company that continually promotes from within.
- Virus/malware replication and analysis
- Analyze customers' inquiries and submissions of virus/malware
- Develop virus/malware detection algorithms in proprietary description language
- Write descriptions of virus/malware for publication on Fortinet's website
- Develop programs/scripts for virus/malware analysis and replication
Job Skills Required:
- Experience and understanding of software programming (C/C++)
- Experience and understanding of Intel x86 assembly language is an asset
- Fast learner with a good attitude
- Team player
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Empowered to make a difference in network security
Diploma of Technology or Bachelors of Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering Please submit a copy of your academic transcript with your resume.