On behalf of our client in the Lower Mainland, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for an Assistant Project Manager for a 5 month contract opportunity to assist with a Capital Asset Lifecycle Management (CALM) project. There is a very strong possibility of extension through the end of 2015.
This organization will be issuing an RFP for an implementation partner to complete the design and implementation of the proposed solution. The intent is for the project to go-live with Phase 1 during the latter part of 2015.
The role of the Assistant Project Manager will be to support the Project Manager in coordinating the evaluation of the RFP and vendor selection process followed by the management of the project from an internal perspective to ensure that the organization's obligations relative to the implementation partner are met, that stakeholders are fully engaged, and that the organization's project methodology is followed.
- Produce weekly status reports, broken down into daily number of hours worked and by task, using the organization's time tracking system.
- Communicate assignment status in a timely and clear fashion to the Project Manager, the Deputy IT Director, Business Solutions and other management, staff and contractors/consultants
- Provide weekly updates on deliverables and impact of proposed changes to timelines
- Provide formal documentation, in accordance with the organization's Project Lifecycle Methodology, and documentation standards
- Project management of at least two complex, full life cycle SAP projects that use several modules of SAP and extend to other systems in an integrated and transparent manner
- Municipal experience will be an advantage
- GIS experience will be an asset
- PMI accreditation
- University degree in Computer Science, Commerce or Business Administration or equivalent experience
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a Word version of your resume HERE!
**Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite. Wired for people.
We get it.
We get technology. We get people. We get you don't want cyborgs taking over the office and running the show. When there‘s a problem, everyone wants the right person for the job. The kind of person who is brilliant, efficient, technically savvy and who can communicate with everyone else. We know these kinds of people.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
You have greater day-to-day issues to manage. Ignite will solve your immediate IT needs with little delay or effort. It's what we do best.
We're wired for people.