Do you want to build world class, high performance database software, but continue to live in Vancouver? Do you want to join a team of software developers who are passionate about what they do? Do you want to take your career to the next level? Do you want to show your potential to the world?
Simba Technologies is the industry's source for standards-based relational and multi-dimensional data connectivity solutions. Already the market leader, Simba is growing at hyper speed and rapidly expanding its solutions to address the new and emerging needs in Business Intelligence and Database technologies.
Our most recent customers read like a who's who of the Big Data, including companies like Google, Informatica, Intel, Microsoft, Cloudera, MapR and Hortonworks. Our growth is just one thing that drives us here at Simba; we are committed to ensuring our customers achieve their business and development goals. Our team is comprised of the region's top talent, who share our code of ethics and passion for excellence.
This is an exciting time to join the company. Due to increasing demand for our products and solutions we are growing locally here in Vancouver and currently have over 70 people.We are looking for aspiring top-tier software developers to join our product development teams.
We have positions both at entry level (first post-university job) and first career move (2+years).
- Desire to make a difference
- B.Sc. in Computer Science\related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- 1-2 years Object-oriented design and programming experience (C++ preferred)
- Good command of English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, use and apply design patterns
- Experience with UML-based design
- Creativity with excellent problem solving skills
- Adaptability to a wide range of technical areas
- Critically provide review of requirements, design, code and testing
- Enthusiasm to actively contribute in a small team environment
- Flexibility to work on different types of software development, as needed
- Willingness to freely offer your opinion, and champion it through team decision making
- Passion for continuous learning
- Experience and interest in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Web Services
- Experience developing software on Linux or other Unix platforms
- Experience with relational database design
- Experience with multi-dimensional data analysis
- Proficiency in multiple object-oriented programming languages - C++/Java/C#
If you have the drive and determination to contribute to our organization, email your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #T419, and telling us about your proudest technical accomplishment, by clicking the 'Apply by Email' button below.