Sr. Java Developer
(If you are interested in contracting, please specify so in your cover letter)
Are you a Java Developer who is passionate about server side technologies and both creating & developing mission critical software? If so, the Tantalus Control Center (TCC) software development team needs you.
TUNet is Tantalus' real-time, two-way, fixed wireless network that is used within a utility's Smart Grid ecosystem. The TCC is at the heart of the TUNet network. Using multiple services and applications the TCC manages network operations, communications, data collection, and presents all of this information to network administrators and customer service representatives. The TCC also integrates via web services with a utility's backend enterprise applications such as Customer Information Systems, Outage Management Systems and Meter Data Management Systems.
The 2 key areas of this role in terms of responsibility are:
- Team leadership - mentor technical team through coaching and reviews/pairing.
- You have a strong background in software architecture & application development within a large complex system-oriented solution (Minimum of 5 years and above)
- Good solid leadership skills and team lead experience of a minimum of 3 years
- Full stack development experience - interfacing Java client applications with Oracle database technology and troubleshooting complex SQL queries on the backend
- You recognize code smells and don't shy away from refactoring these away
- You enjoy iterating, collaborating, and learning
- You are thoughtful, a strong critical thinker, and you have a track record of shipping great products
Nice to have:
- Experience with Apache Tomcat
Education & Professional Credentials Desired:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field or practical experience
For information on Tantalus, access us at www.tantalus.com
Please include the job title - Sr.Java Developer - in the subject line.
No phone calls or agency solicitations, please.