Vancouver, BC, December 8, 2011--(T-Net)--Icron Technologies announced a new addition to their KVM Extender product line. The EL5100 KVM Extender provides desktop extension solutions to security, medical, interactive digital signage and industrial environments where the computer must be remotely accessible.
The EL5100 KVM Extender, powered by Icron's ExtremeLink™ technology, allows you to place a computer up to 330 ft (100 m) away from your workstation area connected with a single inexpensive Cat 5 (or better) cable. The system supports full HD video and USB 2.0, including control of the keyboard, mouse, flash drive, speakers, microphone and other USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 devices.
EL5100 KVM Extender features include:
- Full HD (1920 x 1200) uncompressed video with no video degradation
- Long distance reach up to 330 ft (100 m) over single solid core Cat 5 (or better) cable
- True “Plug and Play”. No Drivers Required.
- Compatible with all major operating systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
- DVI input and output
- Supports all USB 2.0 device types. Recommended with keyboard, mouse, flash drive, printer, microphone, USB 1.1 web camera and other USB devices which require moderate amounts of bandwidth.
- Available in unbranded enclosures for private label or turnkey PCBAs for easy OEM integration
About Icron Technologies Corporation
Icron Technologies is an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing of high-performance video and USB extension solutions for commercial and industrial markets worldwide. Icron's patented extension technology extends PC Video and USB devices over many media types including Cat 5, Fiber, Wireless, DisplayPort, Coax, Powerline, and over a corporate LAN. Icron's extension products are deployed in a wide range of applications such as digital home connectivity, industrial automation, medical imaging, aerospace, interactive digital signage, remote desktop extension, security and surveillance, enterprise computing, isolated USB, and point-of-sale markets, or anywhere where a PC needs to be remotely located from a display or peripheral device.
Icron is a private corporation. For more information on the company and its products, please visit http://www.icron.com.
Photo credit: Icron Technologies