Hot Job of the Week: Visual Effects Artist (Blue Castle Games)
Monday, May 31, 2010
Position: Visual Effects Artist
Company: Blue Castle Games Inc.
We are looking for someone that is extremely passionate about real-time visual effects. A candidate will have experience with in-game particle systems and have superb effects texturing skills. You'll have a proven track record of working from concepts and collaborating with the art director, world, cinematics and gameplay teams to create visually stunning results.
• To deliver high quality in-game effects for our AAA action project including geometry, texture and UV animations, decal and shader creation, terrain deformation, lighting effects, collision and anything impressively cool you can invent
• Ability to reference and create natural effects such as water, smoke, explosions, foliage, dust, fabric, etc.
• Work closely with programmers to ensure visual quality of procedural effects
• Have shipped a minimum of two game titles, preferably on the Xbox 360 & PS3 platforms
• Provide a demo reel that clearly demonstrates a passion and solid understanding of stunning in-game visual effects
• Experience of visual effects & shader pipelines
• Excellent personal project and task management skills
• Solid communicator in both written and verbal forms
• Experience with a major 3D package such as Maya or 3ds Max
• Experience in a scripting language (Python, MEL, MAXScript, etc.) would be an asset
For a full job description and instructions on how to apply, visit
Capcom Game Studio Vancouver, Inc.
Burnaby, BC (New Media)
245 Employees In BC (245 Total)
CAPCOM GAME STUDIO VANCOUVER is a full-service, multi-project and multi-platform developer located in Burnaby, BC.