Supply Chain Business Analyst
Full Time, 12 month Contract
Your excitement. Your knowledge. Your imagination. Your ambition.
Your vision for finding the solutions that will help make a better world.
Automotive Fuel Cell Cooperation (AFCC) -- a joint venture between Daimler, Ford Motor Company -- is developing next-generation technology for zero-emission automobiles. Today, AFCC fuel cell technology powers more than 150 zero-emission vehicles and counting. Our work is about empowering the world to be sustainable; our workplace is about empowering our people to make that happen.
Based in Metro Vancouver, (Burnaby) we enjoy the best of living and working in this beautiful region while we work to protect it.
Our Supply Chain Management Department has an immediate opportunity for a dynamic Supply Chain Business Analyst. Working with the Manager, Purchasing & Logistics, the Analyst will manage the execution of critical business processes, ensure all requests for purchases are documented accurately, approved properly, and processed expediently.
Primary Responsibilities of Position:
Supply Chain Business Analyst
- Ownership of the ePR (electronic Purchase Request) process including the development, maintenance and continual improvement of the workflow process.
- Process ePR's for accuracy and completeness, work with Requestors (internal customers) to clearly define requirements, assign Reviewers and Approvers in the workflow software system (TeamCenter), and monitor and follow-up to ensure timely processing.
- Develop and present KPI's for Supply Chain.
- Ownership of the vendor master database in the ERP (Fourth Shift) system. Review submitted forms for accuracy and completeness, route forms to required personnel for review and approval, data entry of vendor information, auditing for compliance, maintaining accurate vendor master database, etc.
- Generate daily ePR status reports and monthly reporting of issues/delays;
- Validate ePR approval process for high value orders. Run report, review and confirm compliance to AFCC signing authority list.
- Audit PO process. Run reports, review and confirm compliance to AFCC Policies and Processes.
- Lean business process development and implementation; proactively identify opportunities for improvement and present suggestions to team.
- Work with the PLM (product life cycle management) and purchasing teams to integrate ERP/purchasing system with part drawing management systems.
- Develop and maintain web pages, tools, and links for internal customers on corporate intranet.
- Assume responsibility of special projects as required.
- Work as an extended team member with PLM and CM team to improve drawing and document management business processes and software implementation.
- Relevant degree or diploma with 3 to 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Advanced level computer skills, including MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- 3+ years experience with workflow approval software systems.
- 3+ years experience in high-tech and/or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with PLM, CM and/or ERP systems.
- Purchasing experience.
- Knowledge of purchasing business and approval processes.
- Lean implementation experience such as value-stream mapping.
- SQL Reporting knowledge.
- PMAC, APICS or equivalent courses.
- Configuration/document management system experience.
Our talented team is driven to developing ground-breaking technology for zero-emission automotive power trains. We turn challenges into solutions in a team-focused, results-driven work environment where we take our creativity and vision far, to achieve excellence. This is the place to be for the zero-emission revolution—we will be able to tell the next generations, “We were there.”
AFCC welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We thank interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.