Do you want to build world class, high performance database software, but continue to live in Vancouver? Do you want to join a team of software developers who are passionate about what they do? Do you want to take your career to the next level? Do you want to show your potential to the world?
Simba Technologies is expanding and needs aspiring top-tier software developers to join our product development teams. Our market leading technology (http://www.simba.com/) is used by the industry's top database and business intelligence vendors. From clients to Cloud to On-Premise we develop high-performing and high-volume data access solutions to make it easy for other developers to create their dream products.
Simba Technologies Inc. is the recognized world leader in building full-stack data access products and solutions. Simba works with major companies like Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and Teradata to deliver the best-in-class relational and multi-dimensional data connectivity solutions. Literally, millions of people use our software every day.
Due to increasing demand for our products and solutions we need to expand our development teams and we want to do it locally here in Vancouver. We have positions both at entry level (first post-university job) and first career move (2+years).
- Desire to make a difference
- B.Sc. in Computer Science\related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- 1-2 years Object-oriented design and programming experience (C++ preferred)
- Good command of English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, use and apply design patterns
- Experience with UML-based design
- Creativity with excellent problem solving skills
- Adaptability to a wide range of technical areas
- Critically provide review of requirements, design, code and testing
- Enthusiasm to actively contribute in a small team environment
- Flexibility to work on different types of software development, as needed
- Willingness to freely offer your opinion, and champion it through team decision making
- Passion for continuous learning
- Experience and interest in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Web Services
- Experience developing software on Linux or other Unix platforms
- Experience with relational database design
- Experience with multi-dimensional data analysis
- Proficiency in multiple object-oriented programming languages - C++/Java/C#
If you have the drive and determination to contribute to our organization, email your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #T419, and telling us about your proudest technical accomplishment, by clicking the 'Apply by Email' button below.