Join Precision MicroDynamics (PMDi) and discover a world of ultra precision motion control and automation. Help develop technologies used to make some of the most advanced products in the world including: smart phones and tablets, super clear optics, scientific instruments, advanced aerospace and automotive components and semiconductor chips.
PMDi values commitment, integrity, truth, and respect in how we operate and what we do. We value a culture that is innovative, creative, and competitive; one that fosters a climate of high team spirit, fun and accomplishment; and one that promotes personal growth and development. We strive to empower our employees to achieve their potential.
We are seeking a electronics design engineer to join our team and help expand our product line with new precision devices. The designer should be comfortable with digital, analog, and power electronics designs.
If you are a motivated engineer with a proficiency in computer, electrical and power engineering, please get in touch with us.
- Work with a cross functional team of software developers, engineers and scientists to design state-of-the-art products.
- Research new technologies and methods and suggest new ways to improve the company's products and processes.
- Support your developed works with documentation and communications to internal and external customers.
- Participate in peer review of designs; provide and receive critique in an effective manner.
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in Electrical or Electrical & Computer Engineering.
Basis of Evaluation
Experience with the following:
- Power electronics design
- Digital and analog electronics designs
- Schematic capture
- Layout tools and design rules
- Electronic test & measurement equipment
- Modeling tools such as SPICE
- FPGA design using VHDL
- Signal processing
- Creating quality world class products
- Customer support
- Managing multiple priorities
Precision MicroDynamics is located in Victoria, B.C. on beautiful Vancouver Island. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive extended health package. If you are self motivated and enjoy working in a professional environment with a bright and talented team of product developers, you've found the right place. We'd love to hear from you.