Our client offers wealth management solutions to both the retail public as well as the customers of over 180 financial institutions including credit unions, banks, trust companies and financial planning companies across Canada. They currently administer over $8 billion of investment assets through their subsidiaries and have been ranked best Online Broker from The Globe and Mail for 6 years in a row.
Given their extensive growth, the Development team is looking for Java Developers ( 2 - 5 years of experience) with experience developing web centic enterprise applications. Having an interest in financial news and personal investing is also a huge asset.
• Build web based wealth management applications, web service based architectures / middleware;
• Involvement in software construction decision making and requirements gathering; and
• Create and maintain technical documentation. Education / Qualifications:
• Must hold a degree or diploma in either computer science or engineering from a recognized institution;
• Must have 2-4 years of web centric enterprise Java development experience;
• Prior business, personal experience or keen interest in the capital markets or the financial services sector would be great assets for these roles.
• Software process and version control knowledge;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are mandatory.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Required Technical Skills / Knowledge:
Desired Technical Skills:
• JEE Design Patterns• XML, XML Schema, JAX-B, XMLBeans, XSLT• Web Services (JAX-RPC, WSDL)• Spring Framework 3.x• EJB / JPA• ESB (Mule)• JMS• Swing / Web Start• JUnit Test Creation• Maven / ANT