Great opportunity to join the Vancouver office a successful and growing international enterprise software service provider. They currently have several million licensed enterprise subscribers and are very profitable.
You will be leading a team of very capable software developers in building large scale distributed systems within an Agile development environment.
- Set the tasks and goals for the sprint
- Run the daily scrum
- Write and update project documentation; requirements definitions, technical specifications, functional design documents, etc.
- Ensure project deliverables are on schedule
- Code review of development deliverables
- Staff performance reviews
- Coach, train, mentor and manage team members
- Be a hands on contributor to the design and coding of software
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 5 - 10 years Software Development
- Minimum 1-3 years Development Team Leadership and Project management
- Expert in one of more scripting languages (Perl, PHP, Python)
- Expert in one or more of the following development languages (Java, C, C++)
- Experience with Linux based Web Application Development
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience/exposure to any of the following is desirable:
- Linux Administration
- Mail hosting/routing and related mail protocols
Candidates must have Canadian Citizenship or Canadian Permanent Residency status.
No relocation is available and only local residents will be considered at this time.
This is a full-time employee position, Contractors will not be considered.
All applications are treated confidentially. We will not disclose your name or send your resume to any client without first discussing the opportunity with you.
No fee will be charged to any individual seeking or obtaining employment through our company.