Do you want to do something that makes a difference in the world? How often does an opportunity come along to join a small team that is solving important problems, for noteworthy customers around the world?
At Equicare Health, we've developed a web-based healthcare application to support case management for patients with cancer - throughout the care continuum. The EQUICARE CS™ system is used by nurses, physicians and patients, allowing them to connect and collaborate in innovative ways. Cancer Centers around the world are using our products, and we're implementing systems in some pretty exciting places. Now we need to ramp up our team, and we're looking for a Product Manager to join us.
Equicare Health has a distinguished pedigree including relationships with some of the biggest names in the Vancouver High Technology sector, as well as a partnership with Varian Medical System - the global leader in cancer treatment systems.
Reporting to the VP Product Management, the Product Manager possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You're part of product planning, ensuring the product supports our overall strategy.
You work with Customers, Sales and Support to understand and prioritize product requirements. You represent the Customer internally, providing descriptive business requirements, and leading the definition and documentation of functional requirements. You manage requirements documentation throughout the product lifecycle.
The Product Manager also has a role in managing the clinical content library that drives our software. You work with the clinical content manager, ensuring that content is accurate, up-to-date, and controlled. You work with Customers to define and implement clinical content that meets their program needs. The Product Manager also supports our Sales and Marketing teams, providing in-depth knowledge about the product and market.
The Product Manager role is based in our Vancouver office and while there is a requirement for some international travel, the majority of client collaboration is by web-conference.
Key success factors:
- Passion - you are the voice of the customer within our business and are passionate about the user's experience.
- Leadership - you have a proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Clarity - you translate broad and often abstract requirements into a form that is easy for the team to understand, and addresses real-world needs.
- Technology know-how - you are comfortable in a technology driven environment and have tons of experience using software tools to communicate ideas and keep things organized.
- Adaptability - we are a small company working with large healthcare organizations. You are willing to “wear multiple hats” to achieve our goals.
- Imagination - for many of our clients, you're helping them define new processes. As well as product and clinical expertise, this requires creativity and bold thinking.
- Bachelor degree in Health Sciences, Computer Science, Business or related field
- Minimum five years in the software industry - working with a commercial product in a role involving requirements definition.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills - to present complex concepts, establish rapport, and gain understanding
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple, complex tasks in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to travel internationally up to five times a year - to attend conferences or client meetings
- Preference for candidates with experience in healthcare informatics and clinical information systems
- Experience working in a healthcare environment
For more information on the Company please visit www.Equicarehealth.com
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.