Senior Test Engineer
Contract, 14 months
Your excitement. Your knowledge. Your imagination. Your ambition.
Your vision for finding the solutions that will help make a better world.
Automotive Fuel Cell Cooperation (AFCC) -- a joint venture between Daimler and Ford Motor Company -- is developing next-generation technology for zero-emission automobiles. Today, AFCC fuel cell technology powers more than 150 zero-emission vehicles and counting. Our work is about empowering the world to be sustainable; our workplace is about empowering our people to make that happen.
Based in Metro Vancouver, we enjoy the best of living and working in this beautiful region while we work to protect it.
Validation and Testing has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Test Engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities
• Planning, executing, reporting, and ensuring quality of testing related to the next generation fuel cell program at AFCC.
• Providing test expertise during the component development phase (fundamental understanding/design input testing) through to the validation phase of the design.
• In conjunction with component designers, developing new tests and/or tools to support design process.
• Delivery of Design Verification Plans and Conformity Reports in support of stack product launch.
• Participating in structured problem solving efforts during failure root causes investigations and failure mitigation activities.
• Relevant Engineering degree with 5+ years of fuel cell testing/design experience.
• Solid understanding of the fundamentals of PEM Fuel Cell design and testing.
• Strong understanding of thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid flow and materials is an asset.
• Experience in development and validation testing with emphasis on the bi-polar plate component.
• Familiarity with sound experimental techniques (DOE, statistical analysis, Gauge R&R, etc).
• Knowledge of fuel cell test stations.
• Expertise in advanced full cell diagnostics techniques (cyclic voltammetry, loss breakdown analysis, impedance spectroscopy, current mapping, etc.).
• Strong leadership skills are required to marshal test resources in support of bi-polar plate test campaigns.
• Experience working in an Automotive OEM environment is preferred.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Suite, MS Project).
• Strong documentation, organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written), to collect/disseminate information and generate reports.
• A self-starter with a keen desire to get the job done.
• Ability to work across the AFCC functions is a necessity.
• Proactive thinking to help resolve potential problems an asset.
• Ability to work in a highly technical and fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to follow existing standards and practices as well as provide recommendations for team improvement.
Our talented team is driven to developing ground-breaking technology for zero-emission automotive power trains. We turn challenges into solutions in a team-focused, results-driven work environment where we take our creativity and vision far, to achieve excellence. This is the place to be for the zero-emission revolution—we will be able to tell the next generations, “We were there.”
To apply, please visit out website at www.afcc-auto.com and click on Hot Jobs.
AFCC welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We thank interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.