Test Technologist / Intermediate Test Engineer
Contract, 10 months
Your excitement. Your knowledge. Your imagination. Your ambition.
Your vision for finding the solutions that will help make a better world.
AFCC Automotive Fuel Cell Cooperation Corp. (AFCC) -- a joint venture between Daimler and Ford Motor Company -- is developing next-generation technology for zero-emission automobiles. Today, AFCC fuel cell technology powers more than 150 zero-emission vehicles and counting. Our work is about empowering the world to be sustainable; our workplace is about empowering our people to make that happen.
Based in Metro Vancouver (Burnaby), we enjoy the best of living and working in this beautiful region while we work to protect it.
Validation and Testing has an immediate contract opportunity for a Test Technologist / Intermediate Test Engineer. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities and requirements:
• Write, review and develop test plans for stack testing.
• Operation of test stations.
• Schedule and direct tests to ensure tests are done in a safe and deliberate manner.
• Design test set up to ensure tests are done efficiently.
• Troubleshoot any problems related to tests.
• Ensure all data are collected as accurately as required by the test.
• Present test results, test update, conclusion and recommendation.
• Write test reports, technical procedures and commissioning plans.
• Technologist/Technician diploma or Relevant Engineering degree with 2 - 3 years fuel cell testing experience is desired.
• Familiarity with sound experimental techniques and the application of methods such as DOE is an asset.
• Knowledge of fuel cell technology, fundamentals and testing is essential.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Suite, MS Project).
• Strong documentation, organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written), to collect/disseminate information and generate reports.
• Ability to read process diagrams and/or engineering drawings.
• Applicants must be self-starters with a keen desire to get the job done.
• Proactive thinking to help resolve potential problems an asset.
• The ability to work in a highly technical and fast-paced environment is needed.
• Willingness to accept/follow existing standards and practices as well as to provide and drive development of recommendations for team improvement.
Our talented team is driven to developing ground-breaking technology for zero-emission automotive power trains. We turn challenges into solutions in a team-focused, results-driven work environment where we take our creativity and vision far, to achieve excellence. This is the place to be for the zero-emission revolution—we will be able to tell the next generations, “We were there.”
To apply, please visit out website at www.afcc-auto.com and click on Hot Jobs
AFCC welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We thank interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.