The UX/UI Designer will work directly with the Senior UX/UI Designer in our downtown Vancouver office.
Together, you will carry out the design vision for the Dx1 platform. Our platform structure empowers distributed, cross-functional Agile teams to tackle a broad range of related business problems, so you'll truly become the expert on your area of the product. You'll discover, articulate, and prioritize users' needs and create innovative features that make it easy for them to accomplish complex tasks.
The UX team collaborates closely with our Product Management, Engineering and Documentation teams to create solutions that satisfy company initiatives while delighting our users.
Although you are not expected to build the end product a strong knowledge of web design and front-end development is very important. You'll need that to design responsiveness into our applications. A portfolio showcasing your designs and process is required for all submissions.
- Senior UX Designer
- Product Managers
- Business Analysts
- Chief Architect
- Software Development Teams in Bangkok, Minsk and Sussex
- Project Managers in Norfolk, Folsom, Sussex and Bangkok
- Work closely with all PMs during story development to assist in creating wire-frames to support development priorities.
- Work with the Senior UX/UI Designer to shepherd new design concepts through the proper process for formalized acceptance as a standard.
- Document design standards, proper implementation and communication of those standards.
- Work across all teams to ensure that design considerations are in alignment with current standards.
- Build prototypes to help communicate design expectations.
- Act as the user-advocate during development process subjecting early stage designs to usability testing or expert review.
- Develop a deep understanding of DX1 products and identify opportunities to improve the user experience.
- Present designs to internal stakeholders.
- Creating interactive wireframes from business and functional requirements.
- Photoshop or other similar tools for working with graphics.
- Wireframe tools such as Axure.
- Knowledge of Android, iPhone and Windows 8 ux/design guidelines.
- Mobile web design.
- Responsive web design concepts.
- At least 4 years of UX design experience, work on a back-office SaaS product a bonus
- Strong visual design skills.
- Front-end development skills
- Familiar with subversion control
- Font icons
- CSS Sprites
- Responsive web design techniques
Individual initiative expectations:
Self-starter, proactive, creative, detailed oriented, outstanding communication skills, be willing to try and fail, be willing to accept and provide honest feedback and learn from mistakes, be above all a team player and provide positive contributions to the team and the company
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience.
About Dominion Enterprises
Dominion Enterprises is a leading marketing services and publishing company serving the automotive, recreational and commercial vehicle, real estate, apartment rental, employment, parenting, travel and daily deals industries. The company's businesses provide a comprehensive suite of technology-based marketing solutions including Internet advertising, lead generation, customer relationship management, website design and hosting, and data management services. The company has more than 45 market-leading websites reaching more than 17 million unique visitors monthly. More than 77 million For Rent®, Employment Guide® and Travel Guide magazines are distributed nationwide each year. Headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia, the company has 3,300 employees in more than 145 offices in the United States, Canada, England and Italy. For more information visit DominionEnterprises.com