Want to join #1 voted Silicon Valley startup but don't want to leave Vancouver?
Want to start your career in a young, dynamic and rapidly growing organization where Software Engineers play a central role?
Want to take full responsibility and be in charge of delivering your work from design to code to test to customer shipment? Want to work with top notch engineering talent from Stanford, MIT and Berkeley? Want to help build a great company and share its success?
We are currently looking for top Software Engineers to join Arista R&D team in our fast growing Burnaby office.
Our Software Engineers work on developing the Extensible Operating System (EOS™), which is at the core of Arista's products. We offer a competitive salary, stock options and the chance of joining a pioneer of 10 Gigabit Ethernet technology.
Arista Networks has built an award-winning portfolio of Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet switches running EOS, a groundbreaking network operating system based on a unique multi-process state-sharing architecture. Completely separating the networking state from the processing itself enables us to provide extremely robust and reliable data center communication services, as well as stability, openness, modularity and extensibility.
- We put a premium on building and using the tools that make everyone super-productive. We automate whenever we can. Why test things manually when you can develop a lab full of automated servers to do it for you 24/7? This translates into getting new features and products quicker and with a smaller team.
- Our management structure is flat and lightweight -- our engineers are empowered with full responsibility for their projects
- We value openness -- no part of the company is off-limits, meaning that our engineers have the chance to work directly with customers, participate in sales meetings, go to trade shows, recruit on campus, and deliver an amazing product.
- Be part of a company that is set for success, led by a team with a proven track record
- Enjoy the engineering oriented culture and a truly flat organizational structure
- Gain expertise in C/C++, Python and Linux
- Have flexibility on what you work
- Own your projects from design to test to ship
- Work on real projects from day one, and take on as much responsibility as you can handle
What do we do?
The life of a software engineer at Arista is quite varied; here is just a small sample of the things we have been working on:
- Hacking on the Linux kernel networking subsystem
- Building an infrastructure for automated testing (over 4 million tests run so far!)
- Designing and implementing a fully-fledged standards-compliant MSTP implementation
- Tuning ASIC register values to shave nanoseconds off switching latency
- Writing bindings to access C++ objects from Python to facilitate testing and live debugging
- Providing one-on-one mentoring and group training sessions for new engineers
- Developing an architecture to enable non-disruptive hot-swap of supervisor modules
- Designing algorithms to efficiently allocate scarce resources within switch ASICs
- Investigating the (bad!) effect of C++ virtual inheritance on system memory usage
- Creating tools to generate the code for our unique state-based IPC mechanism
What we are looking for?
- Outstanding academic/professional background
- Genuine interest in software technology
- Appreciation of good software architecture, core algorithms and data structures
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies fast
Experience in these areas is a plus:
- Object-oriented programming
- Operating systems
- Networking (TCP/IP/Ethernet)
- C/C++, Python
Find out more details visit
Apply by clicking the 'Apply by Email' button below (Recommended).
Note: Please enter "Junior/Intermediate Software Engineer (Burnaby, BC) - TNet" in the subject line of your email if not using the normal T-Net "Apply" email button below to apply for this position (and you are applying directly by email instead for any reason (this is not recommended)).