BasicGov develops and sells applications that serve the rapidly expanding market of cloud computing solutions for state and local government. BasicGov has been in the news as a result of our successful partnership with Salesforce.com to aggressively pursue the public sector market in the United States. Our solution, which is on the Salesforce AppExchange, helps governments manage their revenues and improve government communications with citizens and business.
BasicGov is growing rapidly and our revenues have doubled for each of the past two years. We have recently won a number of major accounts with Salesforce and major implementation partners. As a result we are expanding our team here in Vancouver.
You are a leader. You have worked in small, fast-growing companies where growth was constant and you understand how to build a company that can scale. You have been successful in senior leadership roles. You have operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the President and CEO as an integral member of the senior management team, the VP Operations will be responsible for the oversight of day-to-day operations of the company. By implementing our strategic plan that is growth and client focused, the VP Operations will manage change while developing a strong corporate culture.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversees negotiations with customers, implementation partners, and technology partners.
- Works with sales, implementation and development teams to finalize and manage contracts and client agreements that bring value to all parties.
- Responsible, with BasicGov's counsel, for the creation, negotiation, execution and management of all legal documents and responsibilities for the Company.
- Maintains continuous lines of communication to keep the CEO informed on progress towards organizational goals and works with the CEO to achieve corporate objectives.
- Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organizational goals and corporate objectives.
- Works to ensure that Operational and Development teams are aligned with short and long term goals.
- Collaborates with all teams to ensure communication, operational efficiency, and deliverables.
- Works closely with the CEO, senior management and the Board of Directors to deliver progress reports in near real time.
- Implements an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures in keeping with our corporate culture.
- Oversees budgeting and financial reporting to advise and execute appropriate and timely corporate planning decisions.
- Manages all financial processes and transactions between customers and partners.
- Advises the CEO and other key members of senior management on operations, financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
Team Development & HR Leadership
- Collaborates with the senior management team to develop and implement plans for the systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of the company.
- Creation and management of Human Resources programs and policies that support corporate objectives and value our employees.
- Implements and manages a strategic compensation plan to motivate and reward our employees.
- Mentors and develops staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assigns accountabilities, sets objectives, establishes priorities, and monitors and evaluates overall results.
- Takes accountability for overall company recruitment and staffing efforts; works with sales forecasts to assign recruitment priorities.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values customer service and a commitment to quality.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- A business degree with at least 10 years of experience and a proven track record in senior leadership roles in small, entrepreneurial high-tech companies.
- Strong financial management and accounting skills.
- Proven track record of success driving change and development within a high-growth organization.
- Analytical decision maker who can prioritize and communicate key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Leadership experience in legal agreements, budgeting and fiscal management.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Strong experience mentoring and coaching a team with diverse levels of experience and expertise.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask and work hands on.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to work effectively with senior management, board of directors, and staff.
- Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
As BasicGov's VP Operations, you will work collaboratively with the rest of the BasicGov team to provide leadership and ongoing support of corporate initiatives. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys combining his or her strong business skills, technical aptitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
The VP Operations will receive a competitive compensation package that includes performance incentives to share in the success of BasicGov.
We are a small company, but we're growing fast. Every person we hire is very important part of team that is built on mutual respect and collaboration. It's an exciting time and we're looking for great people to join our amazing team.
Please send resumes and cover letter today. Please be sure to indicate in your cover letter why you think you are a good fit for this leadership role. We thank all candidates that apply but only those selected for next steps will be contacted.
NOTE: BasicGov works directly with government agencies therefore as part of our recruitment process we require a criminal record check for all successful candidates. BasicGov is a drug-free workplace.
BasicGov Systems, Inc. develops, sells and supports web-based software for cities, counties, state governments and government agencies to streamline permitting and inspections, code enforcement, planning, licensing and citizen access. BasicGov is a reliable, secure solution delivered for an affordable price and the only web-based software for governments built on the Salesforce.com Force.com platform, the backbone of cloud computing solutions used by more than 100,000 organizations worldwide. Unlike enterprise software that is expensive to acquire and difficult to implement, BasicGov requires no capital investment and is easy to set up. www.basicgov.com.