Requisition #48433 (3 positions)
This Vancouver, Canada, based team designs cutting edge hardware for the Ericsson's SSR 8000 product portfolio and supports deployed SmartEdge and SSR product. Working with various disciplines (Layout, Component, Software, Manufacture, and Compliance Engineers) at multiple sites, this team brings hardware products from concept to market.
We are seeking an intermediate to senior engineer to join our Hardware Development team. As a contributing member of our team, you will help bring product ideas from concept, through design and prototyping, to a manufactured product generating real revenue. You will also be involved in supporting Ericsson's deployed product portfolio including the SSR8000 and SmartEdge family of routers.
- Strong background in design and debug of high speed boards and/or FPGAs
- Experience in layout, routing, constraints, and termination techniques as related to high speed chip-to-chip interfaces and DDR memory systems
- Design experience with CPUs, NPUs, and various memory architectures
- Experience designing and implementing control or data path FPGAs
- Familiarity with chip to chip hardware protocols as related to the networking industry
- Familiarity with power and thermal considerations as related to board design
- A good understanding of the complete product development cycle including such items as design for test, design for manufacture, and Agency Compliance
- Quality focused and practices good design methodologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with a proven ability to work in a team environment will be key assets
- Roughly 10 years experience and network industry experience is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years hardware design experience
- Bachelor of EE or equivalent experience is required
- Developed, tested, deployed, and supported a board and/or FPGA design
In 2010 there were 10 billion fixed and mobile connections to the internet. By 2020, there will be 50 billion connections to the internet, whereby anything that can benefit from an internet connection will be connected (i.e. Networked Society). Broadband Service providers are now requiring services like IPTV, Video on Demand, Video Conferencing, Virtual Private Networks, Broadband Aggregation, Wi-Fi solutions, Multimedia Networks, and Edge Routing as part of their product offering.
The networks of today, simply put, are not ready for this tidal wave.
Over the last 3+ years Ericsson has invested billions of dollars to move from the #1 position in Wireless Infrastructure to take claim as the #1 in end-to-end Converged Infrastructure. There are not many players that have end-to-end capability. There are a whole host of challenges you face when creating a single, fully converged, infrastructure that handles everything.
Leveraging its #1 position in Wireless Infrastructure, Ericsson is making a significant investment in IP technology to become the leader in end-to-end converged infrastructure. Ericsson successfully launched the SSR 8000 family of Smart Services Routers as part of its IP technology investment and is continuing to invest in hardware development for this platform.
Ericsson's SmartEdge Multi-Service Edge Routers and SSR 8000 family of Smart Services Routers are, and will continue to be at the heart of the converged infrastructure handling the new challenges for years to come.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.