LMI Technologies is a global provider of 3D sensors for industrial measurement and control in markets such as automotive, electronics, glass, livestock, metal, rubber & tire, transportation, and wood. With more than 100 patents, 60,000 sensors in the field, and 30+ years of sensor expertise, LMI develops unique vision sensor solutions that survive in tough industrial environments.
Our employees enjoy an open, entrepreneurial and fast-paced work environment, interesting and challenging projects built on the latest technologies, competitive total rewards packages, and opportunities for advancement.
Visit us online at www.lmi3D.com to learn more about LMI.
Delta, BC [Annacis Island]
LMI is seeking a firmware/software engineer with 1-5 years of experience to join a multi-disciplinary engineering team. Engineers in this group are responsible for developing hardware and software components that are used by other groups within the company to develop, test, and manufacture sensor products. This involves the design, development, and testing of firmware and software modules used for device control, data processing, and network communication. A successful candidate should be a creative and resourceful individual, capable of working through problems in a fast-paced, geographically-distributed team environment.
Primary skills or experience:
- Proficiency with C
- Understanding of object-oriented programming
- Embedded development and testing experience
- Understanding of concurrency, memory management, and hardware-software interfaces
- Experience using electrical analysis tools such as an oscilloscope, multimeter, and signal generator
- TCP/UDP/IP networking experience
- Ability to work in a team environment and to be accountable for your performance and documentation
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Other skills of value:
- Experience with Windows or Linux system programming
- Experience with TI DSP or ARM development
- Experience with unit/integration testing
- Experience with development or maintenance of medium-large projects (> 100K lines of code)
- Proficiency with C++/MFC or Python
- Exposure to machine vision algorithms and implementation
- Experience with industrial communication protocols (e.g. Modbus, EtherNet/IP)
- Experience with Agile development processes