Join us online for our fun mid-day meal in a virtual setting. Join us for an afternoon of networking, chit-chat, and strategy sharing between women in male-dominated industries.
Here's the plan:
1. Make yourself lunch. 2. Meet online via our group zoom call. 3. Meet some cool women and chat about our work lives. 4. Exchange cards, phone numbers, facepages, myfriend accounts, tweetster, instapics, snaptexts, or whatever it is that the kids are using these days to stay in touch. 5. Stay in touch! Or....failing that, we'll do it all again in four weeks, so don't worry, we've got your back.
Hope to see you there!
Holly Burton WIMDI Founder & CEO + Leadership Coach for Women in Male-Dominated Industries e: [masked] w: wimdi.com p: she/her
How Online Events Work:
- This event is live only and will not be recorded. - We'll email you the login info for the Zoom meeting 5 minutes before the start of the event. - Can't find your login details? Check your spam for mail from WIMDI and/or eventbrite. If you still can't find the info, email [masked] and we'll get you all sorted out.
1) Gender: All WIMDI Cafe Nights are restricted to those who do not currently identify as cisgender men. These events have limited attendance and often involve personal discussion, debate, and advice specific to dynamics underrepresented minorities in these industries experience. We are happy for cisgender men to learn and participate in WIMDI conversation at most of our other events, but we reserve the Cafe Nights as a space for women* to connect with each other freely and openly.
2) Code of Conduct: By attending this event, you agree to adhere to WIMDI's code of conduct, which you can find at wimdi.com/code-of-conduct-and-policy.
3) Privacy and Photography: Online WIMDI events use Zoom, and as such we cannot guarantee that no photos or screenshots will be taken of you during the event. We love it when our members connect at our events using both video and audio, but we understand if our members prefer to participate with their video turned off to preserve (more of) their privacy.
*WIMDI uses an inclusive definition of women that means "people who are in a gender minority in their field". This includes trans individuals, genderqueer, agender, intersex, two spirit, and non-binary folks. If you are not sure if you are included, please err on the side of attending our events! Feel free to reach out to the Organizer, Holly Burton, with any questions and for an automatic welcoming face and first-friend at any WIMDI event.
This is a networking group for women in male-dominated industries (eg: mining, finance, tech, engineering, construction, politics, etc.). We meet once a month for coffee/tea to chat, comiserate, strategize, and cheer each other on. It's a great way to connect with women facing your issues when they are few and far between in your work life.
Organization Contact Information
Vancouver Women in Male-Dominated Industries BC Canada