Stop by the Accelerate Okanagan office to chat with Jacqueline Gustafson, Director Markets, Tax Incentives - from our Vancouver office. Today only, her advice is complimentary for AO patrons. She will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Bring your Tax Incentives Questions!
Jacqueline Gustafson is a Director in KPMG's western region Tax Incentives Practice. Jacqueline has more than 14 years of experience advising clients, providing strategic planning to support future tax incentives and ensuring current tax credits are optimized. She specializes in the Technology, Transportation, Manufacturing and Industrial Products sectors.
Jacqueline can assist you with questions related to:finding the right funding for your business. These funds can take the form of grants, loans and incentives, and can be used to:
- Expand your business
- Conduct internal training
- Implement energy saving solutions at new or existing facilities
- Conduct business with the government of Canada (buying and selling)
- Conduct research or collaborate with other company or universities
Especially relevant to emerging start-up businesses is the available Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax incentive program. Some typical activities that indicate your company may quality include:
Improvements to existing products and/or manufacturing processes
- Development of new products and/or manufacturing processes
- Development of new methodologies and process improvements
- Prototyping and performance evaluations
- Test runs resulting in wasted product or material
- Upgrades, feature extensions, and validations that were part of the development cycle
To increase the number of technology companies that start and grow in the Okanagan
We do this in two ways:
1. Helping to develop and support a vibrant entrepreneurial, creative and innovative technology community.
Our community ranges from students and aspiring entrepreneurs to startups and early stage companies; as well as established technology companies and the wide range of service providers who are critical to our industry
Our objective is to encourage people to start and grow technology companies!
2. Offering programs that support entrepreneurs and technology companies looking to start, accelerate and grow.
These programs combine elements such as needs assessments, hands on coaching, mentorship, and access to world class expertise - including connections provincially, nationally and internationally.
Our objective is to help entrepreneurs and companies accelerate their growth and maximize their opportunity