Interested in helping manage the infrastructure of a SaaS CXM platform used by over 600 customers?
Want to work with the latest offerings from AWS?
This may be the job for you!
The Cloud team is responsible for the architecture, development and implementation of the infrastructure used by our applications. The team works directly with our Development teams to deploy deeply integrated products. As we build out our CXM SaaS platform, the team will be part of building out exciting, cutting-edge solutions on AWS.
The Senior Cloud Systems Engineer role is a cross-functional role helping our Cloud Infrastructure, Security and Development teams to architect, provision, troubleshoot and manage our SaaS application infrastructure.
- Act as technical lead in designing, implementing and documentation for EKS platform
- Collaborate and drive continuous improvement with cross-functional teams on the development and evolution of technical and architectural roadmaps
- Designing, implementing and deploying core platform infrastructure and services across all environments
- Manage incidents as they occur and perform root cause analysis
- Write quality, clean and maintainable code in Terraform and Chef
- Providing day-to-day operational support of all infrastructure systems
- Supporting 24/7 production systems, including being part of an on-call rotation
- Maintaining system patches/upgrades to ensure for high availability, reliability and improved performance
- Maintain documentation related to infrastructure design and implementation
- Manage the configuration and review of infrastructure logging, alerting and monitoring
- Identify opportunities for automating tasks
- Educate technical staff on containerization best practices
- Experience with Docker containers, specifically Kubernetes, AWS EKS and ECS
- Experience with cloud hosting, specifically Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, ELB, CloudFront, etc.)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code like Terraform or Cloudformation
- Experience in multi-site, heterogeneous, large-scale enterprise or SaaS infrastructure
- Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP and network topology design, implementation and troubleshooting
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Attention to details and high standard for quality
- Enthusiasm for modern technology, specifically Kubernetes
- Strong scripting skills (bash, ruby, powershell, etc)
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex problems
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing documentation of systems, policies and procedures
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and trust along with the ability to work independently
Nice to haves
- Experience managing database or data warehouse infrastructure
- Experience with configuration management in a cross platform environment; using Chef, Puppet or Ansible to manage and deploy applications to both Windows and Linux devices
- Advocated for and helped drive a modern technology stack
- Helped train and mentored technical staff
- AWS Professional level certifications
- Bachelor of Computer Science/Engineering Degree or equivalent
The Good Stuff:
+ Amazing growth and learning opportunities with a fast-growing Canadian SaaS company that is a world leader in its industry
+ Best-in-class benefits for you and your family
+ Paid vacation with extra personal days and flexible work environment
+ Great work-life balance with a focus on employee wellness
+ Recognized as a Great Place to Work based on a 93% employee satisfaction rating
+ Collaborative, heartfelt team culture and winner of Comparably's "Best Product & Design Teams Award" and "2020 Best Company Culture Award"
Alida created the world's first CXM & Insights Platform, for the world's most customer-obsessed brands, to turn customer truth into action. For over 20 years, iconic brands like Buzzfeed, LinkedIn and Red Bull have chosen Alida, formerly Vision Critical, as their secret weapon. Our unparalleled approach of coupling broad feedback with deep insights creates lasting customer relationships and builds brands that stand the test of time. At Alida we value being bold, empathetic, curious, and authentic. We also have a lot of fun!
We Can't Wait to Meet You!
We couldn't do what we do without our awesome Lider's and look forward to welcoming you to our Alida family. Join us and let's make a difference together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Follow us at www.alida.com and engage with us on LinkedIn, Twitter & Instagram.