Requisition ID: 7344
Home-based Position: Temporary
Job Type: Co-op
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.
This position will be focusing primarily on our Energy Systems line of business, which include telecommunications, IT, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), utilities and switchgear, security, emergency lighting and general electronics. Some of the reserve power brands include PowerSafe,DataSafe, and Genesis. Our extensive product range serves a variety of reserve power applications and consistently delivers the most effective, powerful and reliable batteries available.
Learn More About Our Company
We are currently seeking electrical engineering (or equivalent) student to work as a Software Engineering (Co-op) based in our Burnaby, BC site to develop real-time control software, communication protocols, tools, and test automation for our power conversion/management systems. This position will be responsible for requirements analysis, specification, design, coding, debugging and documentation.
This is a 4 month co-op placement from May 2023 - August 2023. To qualify as a candidate, individuals must be enrolled in the Co-op Program and have yet to graduate from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to software development of our power conversion family of products.
- Develops detailed requirements and specifications based on product and system requirements, working in concert with engineering project managers and other discipline technical leaders.
- Writes test plans and conducts design tests. Debugs source code based on test results and issues identified by other testers.
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation.
- Scope and plan future development work.
- Implement unit test code and/or develop test automation scripts and tools.
- Participates in code reviews of submitted work and contributes to reviews of the work of others.
- Participates in effort and complexity estimation for proposed new software.
- Follows established development guidelines and standards and makes recommendations for improvements
- Enrolled in a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent program.
- Experience with C language programming.
- Experience with lab equipment and techniques (e.g., oscilloscopes, power supplies).
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience with project-based teamwork.
- Self-motivated with a "can-do" attitude - thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Experience in developing C and C++ language firmware for DSPs, GPPs and microprocessors/microcontrollers.
- Experience in developing embedded software using structured software design techniques.
- Familiarity with communication protocols and protocol stacks.
- Familiarity with systems-on-a-chip (SOIC).
- Familiarity with power electronics.
General Job Requirements
- This position will work in an office setting, expect minimal physical demands.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/Minority/Female/Vets/Disabled
Know Your Rights
Know Your Rights (Spanish)