Requisition ID: 7192
Home-based Position: Regular
Job Type: Permanent
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.
This position will be focusing primarily on our Energy Systems line of business, which include telecommunications, IT, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), utilities and switchgear, security, emergency lighting and general electronics. Some of the reserve power brands include PowerSafe,DataSafe, and Genesis. Our extensive product range serves a variety of reserve power applications and consistently delivers the most effective, powerful and reliable batteries available.
Learn More About Our Company
The Production Manager oversees the production team including production coordinators and direct labour employees. A successful Production Manager will work as a member of the operations team, leading and coaching the production team to achieve the highest standards in operational safely, product quality, on-time delivery, and build efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring production capacity is used effectively to meet the daily production schedule
- Reporting and acting on variations in schedule and processes
- Identifying improvement opportunities and facilitating their implementation
- Upholding product quality by ensuring build processes and documentation are followed
- Providing evaluation and timely feedback to all production staff
- Creating and implementing goals and development plans for team members
- Develop, motivate, monitor and support the philosophies of EOS (EnerSys Operating System) with an emphasis on championing the goals, objectives and improvement plans across the site.
- Leading and directing improvement teams. Must be a results-oriented "change agent" who is an effective business systems thinker.
- Completing required administrative tasks to uphold ERP and human resource processes
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Cont.
- Responsibility of managing up to $10M in revenue
- Manage purchasing team for tactical procurement
- Assure the site meets all environmental and safety standards. Develop, implement and enforce methods and processes that ensure a proactive safe work environment across the site.
- Provide overall management for the production team to deliver the results, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Working collaboratively with other team members and departments to resolve production issues
- Address personnel, organizational, and any other problem that may arise within assigned scope of authority in a responsive, constructive and effective manner.
- Experience in leading safe work practices
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Diploma in Management, Industrial Engineering, Electronics Technology, Operations, Business, or related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience working within multi-product manufacturing environments
- Experience in supervising/managing large teams in complex, deadline driven environments
- Experience in leading improvement projects resulting in measured improvements to safety, quality, delivery, and cost
- Experience working with Lean and Continuous Improvement tools
- Ability to work within a ERP system to execute a production schedule
- Strong computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Leadership skills and proven ability to positively motivate team members and resolve conflict
- Lean, Six Sigma or project management qualifications are desirable.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/Minority/Female/Vets/Disabled
Know Your Rights
Know Your Rights (Spanish)