Requisition ID: 7407
Home-based Position: Regular
Job Type: Co-op
EnerSys is a leading power and energy solutions provider for the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry. Our products help power the necessities of modern wired and wireless communication infrastructure, including wireless cell sites, 5G small cells, Internet of Things (IoT), and switching centers. Our portfolio includes renewable energy products, DC and AC power systems, power distribution systems, and energy storage in the form of industrial batteries, employing advanced lithium electrochemistry technologies.
As power conversion and power management experts, we provide solutions to our customers' challenges and problems. From individual modules to full turn-key system solutions, we provide our customers with the advice and support needed at all level of the organization. We cherish the integral relationship critical to success of our clients who range from Mobile Network Operators to major telecom and cable providers to data center operators.
Our Burnaby, British Columbia, facility is the Center of Excellence for our power system design and ICT application development. Regional headquarters are in Canada, USA, Europe and Asia, with worldwide headquarters located in Reading, PA, USA.
EnerSys is truly a Global Company, with over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. EnerSys is the power/full solution with sales and service locations throughout the world.
Learn More About Our Company
As a result of our continuing growth, we require a ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING Co-op Student to help support research and advanced development of state-of-the-art power supplies and accessory electronics circuits. This is a 4 month placement from May 2023 - August 2023. To qualify as a candidate, individuals must be enrolled in the Co-op Program and have yet to graduate from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Research & Advanced Development team to evaluate existing circuits
- Prototype a new design and validate through testing.
- Design, implementation, and verification of firmware.
- Create test plan and perform detailed testing.
- Test results data analysis.
- Create documentation.
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration by working with team members.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent program.
- Excellent problem solving & communication skills (written & spoken) are a must.
- Excellent understanding of analog & digital circuits.
- Experience with SPICE tools and Altium is desired.
- Experience with C language programming is preferred.
- Knowledge in power electronics is preferred.
- Self-starter attitude.
- Ability to work cross functionally as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office).
General Job Requirements
- This position will work in an office setting, expect minimal physical demands.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Individuals are hired, trained, assigned, promoted, transferred, downgraded, laid-off, terminated and recalled based upon their own abilities, achievements and experience without regard to gender, marital status, race, colour, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.