Requisition ID: 7443
Home-based Position: Regular
Job Type: Permanent
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. W
Learn More About Our Company
Alpha Technologies Ltd., now a part of EnerSys, has an opportunity for a Finance Manager, Services to join our Finance team in our Burnaby office.
Reporting to the Controller, and working closely with the Operations team, the Finance Manager Services will act as the key go-to person on behalf of the Finance team. Performing high quality analysis over Sales, COGS, and Gross Margin, and communicating and working with the Operations team, this position will play an important role in improving processes and providing information for business decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain inventory and cost accuracy by monitoring operations and sales transactions. Follow up to correct errors and correct processes moving forward.
- Provide timely input and guidance to the Operations team and the Finance team, in order to achieve expected financial results.
- Work with the Operations team to analyze labor, overhead, and variances to achieve better understanding of production capacity and cost, in order to improve overall performance.
- Prepare and present monthly results and reports, comparing and analyzing actual results with budget and forecasts.
- Analysis of monthly results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending actions to the management team.
- Maintain standard cost and perform cost roll up on a periodic basis.
- Participate in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Liaise with external auditors in annual audit in the areas of sales, inventory, and costing.
- Stay on top of inventory and manufacturing variances
- Responsible for system-related changes required on a periodic basis.
- Work with IT on any required ERP system changes.
- Contribute to projects to assist the Controller and other members of the Finance department on an as needed basis.
- Canadian recognized Accounting designation
- Cost Accounting / manufacturing environment experience is a strong asset
- Minimum 5 years of progressive work experience, preferably in a Finance Manager role
- Excellent communications, both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- ERP system experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, US GAAP is an asset
General Job Requirements
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/Minority/Female/Vets/Disabled
Know Your Rights
Know Your Rights (Spanish)