Ballard Canada focuses on our core fuel cell competencies, which include the production of membrane electrode assemblies, integration and testing of fuel cell stacks, assembly and testing of motive modules, as well as the support of other products required through our engineering services contracts. We continue to make investments in our manufacturing capabilities and processes which are targeted at supporting high-volume production and automated processing to facilitate future growth.
The Production Technician is an essential member of the Ballard manufacturing operation. We're looking for a great team player with a positive attitude, who is detail-oriented, has experience in manufacturing and is committed to a health and safety environment.
Rotating shifts, two-week intervals:
- Morning shift: 6:30 am - 2:45pm
- Afternoon shift: 2:30pm - 10:45 pm
- Manufacture fuel cell components following manufacturing processes.
- Assemble and test fuel cell stacks complying with the detailed instructions.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance on production machinery.
- Adhere to safety and quality standards and raises issues as appropriate.
- Identify, segregate and report on non-conforming parts and materials.
- Collect data, organize, and maintain records daily.
- Data review and analysis of fuel cell modules, reporting results to quality and systems engineering.
- Follow work and communication procedures.
- Contribute to a high-performance work team environment.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- High School diploma and 1 to 3 years experience in manufacturing or equivalent combination.
- Post-secondary technical education is an asset.
- Proficient mechanical skills.
- Computer and mathematical literacy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Following quality control requirements and detailed instructions.
- Able to work in rotational shifts and work on repetitive tasks.
- Great team player with solid communication skills.
- Be able to thrive in a multicultural, multi-disciplinary environment.
What perks you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Four-week vacation time
- On-site gym
- Annual Ballard Bonus Plan
- Benefits plan: extended health (medical & dental), short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and employee family counselling and wellness programs
- Company matching Retirement Saving program
- Impact Awards
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Sick Days