Ballard's Supply Chain Group (Procurement team) has an immediate opening for an Intermediate Buyer. The top priorities regarding this position will be to provide on time delivery for commodities, balance inventory levels according to the supply risk, monitor vendor performance and support price reductions. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, is proactive, has a sense of urgency and is determined and dedicated to data accuracy. Performance will be measured by OTD reports and KPIs.
In supporting the production of engines for hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles, the commodities managed by this position are fittings & hoses, adhesives & sealing components and inks. The successful candidate will work closely with Planning, Quality and Product Development Teams. This position will be located at our Burnaby facility
- On Time Delivery (OTD) of the commodities through reviewing MRP and forecasted sales demand leading to the execution of Purchase Orders
- Confirm and (de) expedite PO's to support OTD of supply and maintain appropriate inventory levels
- Maintain supplier and component ordering parameters in ERP
- Thoroughly know your suppliers and proactively communicate potential issues and interruptions in their production and/or supply chain
- Drive initiative and negotiate material pricing to levels that meet or exceed cost targets
- Maintain a focus on vendor capacities and facilitate a collaborative working relationship between Design Engineers and Suppliers
- Understand the product from initial concept and provide early input regarding risk and cost of supply
- Manage purchasing activities for special projects
- Assist in the development of purchasing policies and procedures
- Together with the Strategic Supplier Sourcing team, research new suppliers, sub-contractors and manufacturers to assist in product improvements, delivery improvement and cost/profits enhancement
Optional (highly desirable):
- The Procurement team proactively manages the systems (ERP, PLM, Data Analytics) it uses. As such, we seek additional team members with intertest in becoming a Subject Matter Expert (training provided)
- A Post-Secondary degree complimented with the completion of an intermediate level of SCMP/CPIM program
- Minimum of 5 years procurement experience supporting custom manufacturing. Automotive experience is a plus!
- In-depth experience in an MRP/ERP system
- Proven history of Supply Chain successes; negotiations, shortage and risk mitigation
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment
- Ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions to difficult issues
- Ability to build commitment to ideas, plans, or courses of action
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills - timely, accurate and succinct delivery of information
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellence | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.