Ballard's Manufacturing Engineering Team has a position available for a Manufacturing Engineer/Specialist in our Burnaby facility. The successful candidate should have a track record of improving existing processes. Experience in process design and continuous improvement projects using tools and methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma, QFD, FMEA, DOE, SPC, and Error Proofing is preferred.
- Design, document, and implement new manufacturing processes for existing products.
- Identify and carry out projects to improve existing manufacturing capability, yields, and capacity.
- Review assembly drawings and test specifications and markup feedback to design team.
- Identify design improvements for DFMA, and communicate effectively back to design team.
- Carry out FMEA analysis, and produce or update process documents (Process Flow Diagram, PFMEA, Control Plan, Work Instructions, and Checklists).
- Design floorplan layouts and commission new or modified assembly areas under direct supervision of senior engineering members.
- Design, source, and validate tools, jigs, fixtures and test equipment (including drafting requirements, RFI, RFQ, conducting GRR and time studies) under guidance.
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 1 or more years of experience in an assembly manufacturing setting
- Must be experienced with technical writing of process documents (PFMEA, Process Flow, Control Plan, Work Instructions, and Checklists)
- Strong knowledge base in DFMA, as well as understanding of system (engine) components (mechanical and electrical) is preferred
- Experience with IATF16949 and VDA 6.3 requirements is preferred
- Has previous CAD experience (preference on experience with Creo software)
- Leak testing experience is desired
- Previous experience in the use of change management systems is desired
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Tenacious on seeing assigned tasks done without losing focus
- Organized and able to balance multiple competing priorities
- A driven team player who is willing to go above and beyond
Perks You Will Receive
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Ballard Bonus Plan
- Benefits plan: extended health (medical & dental), short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and employee family counselling and wellness programs.
- Company matching Retirement Saving program
- Impact Awards
- Inventor Incentive Program
- Paid Sick Days
- Employee Referral Program
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellence | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.