Ballard Power Systems is seeking a Total Rewards & Systems Specialist passionate about developing, implementing, and continuously improving total rewards programs and strategies that align with and enhance our employee value proposition. The successful incumbent has a passion for automation and system driven solutions.
As a Total Rewards & Systems Specialist, you love working with data for building informed recommendations, and data driven decision making. You have a keen eye for detail and enjoy project-based work. Your responsibilities will include reward program maintenance & refinement, building rewards education and awareness at Ballard, building people metrics reporting and dashboard(s), and driving people process automation. This role will work closely with key stakeholders across People & Culture, Finance and Information Technology on rewards and systems programs.
- Administer Total Rewards programs including annual salary review, bonus, long-term incentive, promotions & progressions processing and beyond
- Develop and update program documents, project plans, communications, guideline/policy documents, etc.
- Ensure the optimization of total rewards processes
- Participates in total rewards and related projects and the development of new programs, policies, etc.
- Provide support to the Talent Acquisition team, hiring managers and People & Culture Business Partners by way of compensation recommendations backed by market data in support of new hires, and internal promotions
- Coordinating, interpreting, communicating, and supporting the company's Total Rewards Programs, including training and guiding others on the application of guidelines and policies
- Conduct job evaluations, including determining salary grades, conducting comparative market reviews, and participating in compensation surveys
- Continually improve the experience and efficiency of people processes by use of Oracle HCMS, and otherwise
- Through thought leadership, innovation, and applying best practices, this role will enable the P&C function to deliver best-in-class performance to all stakeholders in our global markets.
- Using knowledge of HR processes, policies, and regulatory requirements to effectively mitigate risk(s)
- Related to HR Systems will support the advancement of Oracle HCMS
- Bachelor's degree in human resources combined with 3-5 years' related experience in compensation
- A Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation would be considered an asset
- Excellent presentation and communication (written & verbal) skills
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills
- Experience with Oracle HCMS considered an asset but not required
- Critical thinker who can connect the downstream impact of decisions, and processes, on other areas and stakeholders
- Innovative and creative in your approach to the development and improvements of reward strategies and approaches
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications, especially MS Excel
Perks You Will Receive
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Ballard Bonus Plan
- Hybrid role (will demand candidates to work 2 or 3 days per week in our office in Metro Vancouver)
- Benefits plan: extended health (medical & dental), short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and employee family counselling and wellness programs.
- Company matching Retirement Saving program
- Impact Awards
- Inventor Incentive Program
- Paid Sick Days
- Employee Referral Program
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellence | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.