Are you passionate about the potential of people? Do you know how to balance business needs with what it takes to attract, engage, and retain the best talent?
We want to hear from you if you said yes to these two questions. Join Ballard's People & Culture team and make a difference in people's careers committed to delivering fuel cell power for a sustainable planet.
Ballard Power Systems is seeking a Senior People & Culture Business Partner. Reporting to the Director of People and Culture, Canada & USA, the incumbent will be responsible for providing a full spectrum of People & Culture Services. You will play a crucial role in developing and sustaining our high-performing culture as a strategic partner with a designated client group, fostering a consultative approach and contributing to the overall strategic improvement of work processes that enable client groups to achieve their business outcomes.
- Acts as a strategic partner to an assigned business group to partner, advise and add strategic value in day-to-day business and implement People & Culture initiatives and programs.
- Collaborates with employees to support the development of engaged high-performing teams; programs and practices related to Ballard's employee value proposition, including culture; change management; talent attraction, retention, engagement; performance management; total competitive compensation (including benefits and equity); leadership and employee development; organizational design and development; workforce planning; succession; diversity and inclusion; and psychological safety.
- Makes decisions on complex issues and considers organizational views as an individual or as part of a team.
- Conducts complex projects requiring additional specialized knowledge in own discipline. Handles projects with mid to long-term focus.
- Develops creative yet workable solutions to difficult, complex problems. Stimulates creative ideas from others
- Monitors and ensures the organization's compliance with local employment laws and regulations, including recommended best practices; facilitates legal and executive reviews and modifies policies and procedures to maintain compliance
- General working knowledge of all areas of HR as they may relate to or interact with their area of functional responsibility
- Undertake all other duties and projects as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in HR or a relevant field. Post-graduate degree an asset.
- Minimum 7-10 years experience as an HR professional in progressively senior positions within complex, high growth, fast-paced hi-tech and manufacturing industries
- CPHR Designation is an asset
- Proven leadership and relationship-management experience in managing cross-functional relationships
- Knowledge, interpretation, and application of all applicable Human Resource legislation, policies, processes, and practices. (i.e., Employment Standards Code, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Human Rights Legislation)
- Ability to influence, lead, engage and build consensus across various levels of leaders through collaboration and influence while acting as an agent of change for manual process and system improvements
- Experience supporting technical / engineering business as a dedicated HR Business Partner
- Confidence, maturity, and credibility to communicate and facilitate clearly and compellingly at all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines independently and as part of a team
- Desire to continue learning and improving skill sets
- Able to thrive in a fast-moving and ambiguous environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgment and confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
Listen & Deliver | Quality. Always. | Inspire Excellence | Row Together | Own It
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.