What's Bench? Check us out in Medium, Betakit, Financial Post, Perkins + Will, our Instagram, and our Blog.
We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people. From creatives to chiropractors, Bench helps thousands of small business owners and entrepreneurs master their financial lives. Because understanding your finances should be three things: simple, effortless, and affordable.
We're growing fast, and we're looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey. Check out our culture guide to learn more about what it's like to work at Bench and read more about our business here!
What does the Channel Sales department look like?
At the core of it, sales at Bench is a people-centric team focused on helping small business owners and entrepreneurs in the US. As a Sales Development Representative, your first interaction with a potential client is the start of their relationship with Bench. Your genuine curiosity and drive to help people is what guides your approach to discover how Bench can be a part of their entrepreneurial journey. You'll have targets to meet individually and revenue goals to hit as a team, which fuels your innate sense of determination. If you're looking to gain experience in sales and start-ups while making a real difference in people's lives, then you've come to the right place.
Channel Sales is one of Bench's newest but highest growth potential sales teams. Partner leads that require a custom sales process funnel into this small team of 7 people. The team ideates, experiments, creates, and then expands exciting new revenue funnels with the Bench Partnerships team.
If you're looking to gain experience building and expanding new revenue channels all the while making a real difference in people's lives, then you've come to the right place
What you'll get up to:
- Learning what it means to be a part of our stellar Sales team
- Communicating with entrepreneurs and small business owners to gain a deeper understanding of their business needs, and educating them on how we are here to give them financial control over their lives
- Using your good-natured wit and charm to build new relationships over the phone and email
- Helping one of Vancouver's fastest-growing startups hit its revenue and growth goals
- Guiding potential clients through to successful closure
What you'll need:
- Have a genuine passion for helping people
- Have an articulate phone and written presence that's confident, yet personable
- Are realistic about temporary challenges and setbacks, and use them to motivate yourself and others to achieve targets
- Embrace feedback with arms wide open and action it to further your success
- Can contribute to a high-performing team by bringing lots of mental horsepower, amazing work ethic, positive energy, and a little weirdness to keep things interesting
What you'll get:
- At Bench we share information freely and openly whenever possible. We offer a competitive base salary and monthly uncapped commission (+$56,900 OTE) available.
- In addition, we offer an extended benefits package that includes paid vacation, upaid flex days, and full health, dental, and vision.
- You'll get unlimited access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- We have a number of Affinity Groups - groups of people who have shared identities and experiences! The purpose of these groups is to support underrepresented Benchmates and amplify their voices.
- This role is for one of three teams who, by design, function better together in person. You may be asked to participate in a hybrid experiment and may get the opportunity to use a coworking space designed for the Sales team. We will test, learn and iterate together!
- Either way, you'll have access to our Home Office Setup Fund, to ensure that you have everything you need to work comfortably from home, from day one.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role in your application.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society-including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don't stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.