Front End Developer
The purpose of the position is to redevelop a legacy web app. The new system will be modern, mobile friendly and offer an engaging user experience. The ideal candidate will have strong front-end development skills with a particular focus developing mobile friendly web apps using React and MUI. The role will lead the team in front-end development and have influence on design decisions.
You must be a Canadian citizen or be a Permanent Resident to be eligible. This is a 1 year contract position with a possibility of extension. We support a hybrid work model with a 50/50 blend between office and home.
- Develop high quality software features based on product use-cases
- Collaborate with team members responsible for development, product design, quality assurance, infrastructure and more in an agile development environment
- Analyze legacy code related to the use-cases and collaborate with the team to ensure those use-cases are correct
- Build and maintain an understanding of the business and application
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience in front-end development with a particular focus on mobile friendly single page applications using JS, React, TypeScript, CSS3, HTML5
- Strong experience with mobile design frameworks such as Material Design and Material-UI
- Proficient with the top React Libraries and have solid understanding when to use them
- Have fundamental understanding of back-end technologies like C#, .NET, WebAPI, Microsoft SQL
- Knowledge of industry practices including agile development, maintainability, and security
- Experience with software rewrites and system analysis
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent