The First Nations Health Authority (FNHA) is a diverse and transformational health organization of professional, innovative, and dedicated team members and leaders. The first of its kind in Canada, FNHA works as a health-and-wellness partner with BC First Nations to support self-determination and decision-making to improve health outcomes.
Joining our leadership team means being part of a collaborative, diverse and compassionate organization committed to innovating, transforming and redesigning health service delivery for First Nations communities in BC, and advancing a holistic First Nations Perspective on Health & Wellness.
To meet the requirements of the transformational digital enablement strategy and changing operational needs of the organization, we are looking for an experienced IT leader to join us as Executive Director, IMIT to support in this important work!
Title: Executive Director, Information Management and Information Technology (IMIT)
Location: Metro Vancouver
Work Model: Hybrid (50% in office, 50% remote)
About the Opportunity
- Are you a seasoned IT thought leader with strong strategic planning skills and a drive for execution and operational effectiveness?
- Are you an innovative professional that understands how to maximize the performance and reliability of enterprise systems and applications, productivity tools and core technology infrastructure?
- Do you have proven experience in leading IT strategy development, guiding the implementation of complex IT and transformation programs including digital enablement and cloud initiatives, overseeing IT operations and providing technical leadership in areas including data and analytics, enterprise content management and customer relationship management?
- Do you thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and high performing, values-based environment?
In this role, as Executive Director, IMIT, you will provide senior level strategic and people leadership, through modeling and leading with cultural safety and humility in all interactions, partnerships and initiatives. In collaboration with IMIT leadership, you will develop and execute FNHA's information management and information technology strategies and plans, as well as review and establish an optimal IMIT organizational design and operating model. You will advance strategies, initiatives, processes, and operations within IMIT, and ensure that IMIT enables the organization and its operations to be at the leading edge of innovation, transformation and service excellence of health and wellness services delivery for BC First Nations peoples.
About YOU - The Qualifications and Skills You will Bring to FNHA
You are an accomplished IT Leader that is highly collaborative and thrives when accountable for results. You are highly organized with strong attention to detail and a reputation for building and developing high performance teams. You are looking for your next challenge to make a difference.
Education & Experience
- You have a University degree in relevant field (Computer Science, Engineering, Health Sciences, Business Management / Administration, Health Administration) or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience;
- A Masters' degree is an asset;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and Change Management (e.g. PROSCI) certification are considered assets;
- You have relevant experience, including progressively responsible senior leadership experience in information technology management in a similar sized organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- You have experience in developing and implementing long term technology and digital transformation strategy in mid-sized to large organizations;
- You have experience working with Indigenous organizations and leadership;
- You have experience in leading operational programs, services and initiatives;
- You have experience in process development, improvement and delivery model optimization.
Note: where technical areas of the Job Specifications are not fully met, FNHA supports professional development and training.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to request a full job description from email@example.com .
The First Nations Health Authority is committed to respecting diversity within our workforce; preference will be given to individuals with Indigenous ancestry (First Nations, Inuit, Metis).
Why Work with FNHA
- We have a common foundation at FNHA through our Vision and Seven Directives to guide us in our daily work;
- What happens to communities and people we serve happens to us-we care for and respect one another. What happens to us happens to community and the people we serve-we strive for excellence and believe First Nations deserve the best we have to offer;
- It's an opportunity to utilize your IT leadership expertise to partner with Executives and Operational Leaders to deliver culturally safe health and wellness programs and services to First Nations communities and families across BC;
- We are wellness champions. We have the historic opportunity to achieve transformative change in First Nations health & wellness, and an obligation to make the most of this opportunity;
- We are for change makers. Those who are called to act, open to cultural understanding and teachings, and undaunted by unique challenges. We are a young organization, still growing and fast changing;
- We provide meaningful work rich with transformational learning opportunities;
- When you work with the First Nations Health Authority (FNHA), you will truly make a difference in your life and for many others;
- Find purpose beyond your profession. "It starts with me". Here, your work changes lives, starting with your own;
- We work together, not apart, with our beautiful and culturally rich First Nations communities in British Columbia;
- We raise hands to recognize FNHA family members for Teamwork, Partnership, Innovation, and for being Wellness Champions.
If you are looking for a career enriched opportunity while making an essential impact fulfilling the important mandate of FNHA at an exciting time in its history, this is the place to be!
Apply at the FNHA Careers Webpage .
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.