The First Nation Health Authority (FNHA) is a trailblazing organization filled with meaningful work and rich with transformative learning opportunities. Here you will find a diverse organization filled with professional, innovative, and dedicated team members and leaders.
As Canada's first and only provincial First Nations Health Authority, we are transforming health services for First Nations and Aboriginal people in BC. FNHA is the health and wellness partner to over 200 diverse First Nations communities and citizens across British Columbia (BC). Our work is grounded in the First Nations Perspective on Health and Wellness - an approach that defines the FNHA as a health and wellness organization that is different from other health authorities and organizations.
The Enterprise Applications team within IMIT (Information Management and Information Technology), supports a suite of applications, including PeopleSoft, SharePoint, OpenText and a number of other claim and case management systems, enterprise content management, business intelligence, data warehousing and analytic services/tools, and enterprise relationship management for the organization, in addition to the overall administration and support of enterprise databases, including MS SQL and Oracle.
Title: Business Analyst, Financial Systems
Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday- Friday (core hours- 9:00 am- 3:00 pm)
Location: Alberni Office
About the role
As a Business Analyst, Financial Systems, you will be providing a full working level of specialized expertise; working directly with the FNHA Business areas to analyse business needs, document requirements and translate findings into system requirement specifications, leveraging the functionality available within the PeopleSoft, Finance, Hyperion, SharePoint, and other applications to meet the needs of the business. Additionally, you will automate tasks using SQL, PeopleTools, nVision, Studio Reports, BI Publishing, PS Query, SQL, and various other reporting tools. This role designs and delivers training to the user community on system functionality.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 5-7 years' experience with accounting systems, processes and analysis in a large/complex environment
- 5-7 years' of Business Analysis in enterprise-scale projects with an solid understanding of the underlying technical architecture
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Information Technology or related field required or anequivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with SQL programming languages including two or more years' experience creating queries
- Proficient with PeopleSoft Reporting Tools: BI Publisher, PS Query, Pivot Grid, nVision, SQR, Process
- Specific knowledge of IIBA - BABOK guide and standards business analyst financial systems
- Solid working knowledge of the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Appropriate certifications and other professional development/continuing education relevant to the role
- preferred (e.g. CBAP, Accounting Designation)
- ITIL Foundation Version 3.0 Certification
A copy of the full job description is available upon request
Working at FNHA
As a member of the team, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Municipal Pension plan with an employer contribution of 9.31%;
- 3 weeks' vacation, which increases with service to 4 weeks, plus 5 personal days, 1 volunteer day, and 14 public holidays including National Indigenous People's Day and National Day of Truth and Reconciliation;
- Access to group health benefits and a Health Care Spending Account through Canada Life on day one (1) of employment;
- And more!
At First Nations Health Authority, we believe diversity is a strength, and our aim is to make sure that FNHA truly reflects the communities we serve. We are actively working towards our organization being a place where everyone can thrive and make their best contribution to our Vission, Mission and Mandate. We particularly welcome applications from people with Indigenous ancestry (First Nations, Inuit, Metis).
The FNHA is also a champion of culturally safe practices throughout the broader health care system. Taking a leadership role, the FNHA actively works with its health partners to embed cultural safety and humility into health service delivery and improve health outcomes for First Nations people.
Leading with culture, all FNHA employees complete San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training. We support our family to be leaders in wellness and all staff members develop a yearly wellness plan as part of their performance partnership and goal-setting.
As a health and wellness organization, the FNHA has aligned with the Provincial Public Health Order released on October 14, 2021. We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees at First Nations Health Authority. This policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If selected for employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination by providing a copy of your BC Vaccination Card Passport with the QR code.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please apply online.
Closing date: 22nd April, 2023 (at 23:59)
If you have any inquiries or issues please contact FNHA Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us at: Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Instagram