Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world's most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It's a place where you can genuinely make an impact - and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
We're looking for an energetic individual to join our growing team in order to support the HR initiatives and continuous growth of our fast-paced SaaS Company. The HR Generalist will provide support to the daily operations of the HR team, thereby contributing to the efficient and professional delivery of HR programs, processes and services across the organization. This role requires hands-on involvement with many aspects of HR including recruitment, benefits, immigration and special projects. We are looking for a resourceful, business-minded individual who enjoys continuous learning and relationship building - someone who has a creative mind for problem solving and superb customer service skills.
Are you up for the challenge?
As an HR pro, you recognize people are a company's most valuable asset. Above all, you understand the importance of balancing HR and the business. Consequently, you are committed to increasing employee growth and engagement using industry-proven best practices - with a bit of our own twist. You have knowledge of standard processes, but you also understand the considerations and flexibility required when dealing with the grey.
You are proactive, resourceful, and comfortable thinking outside the box. You have a sense of urgency, and you keep calm when you are pulled in many different directions. You are a ninja-grade multitasker. You can see yourself being part of a top-notch team that takes serious responsibility and pride for their work - without taking themselves too seriously. This is a great entry level HR role with the opportunity to grow within the team, if you are up for the challenge and ready to experience global growth with us, apply today and see for yourself!
- Administer benefits programs for our Canadian and US employees to ensure appropriate enrolment coverage and data accuracy
- Process HR documentation including onboarding documents, contractual agreements, employment confirmation letters, off-boarding documents etc.
- Facilitate New Hire Orientation and onboarding activities and conduct exit interviews and related activities as part of the off-boarding process
- Responsible for administering ergonomic requests, issuing and keeping track of ergonomic supply
- Provide support in the immigration process, including new hire requirements as well as ongoing visa and PR applications for new and existing employees
- Support the annual performance management process, including facilitating employee review meetings
- Work with the Talent Acquisition Specialists, to provide support in the recruitment process including phone screens and reference checks
- Assist in the analysis and creation of reports based on HR metrics on a weekly, monthly and ad-hoc basis, specifically detailing the effectiveness of current HR programs and processes
- Provide support with global strategic HR initiatives, including research and participation in the development, implementation and maintenance of initiatives
- Perform general administrative duties, such as data entry, filing etc.
- Assist with ad hoc special projects as required
- 3-5 years of experience in a Human Resource capacity or a combination of experience and education
- Completion of post-secondary studies, with a focus in HR or Business Administration preferred
- Good knowledge of HR standards and best practices
- Solid working experience in HRIS, ATS or other databases, with intermediate skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Keen attention-to-detail with strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proven record of taking responsibility and using good judgment, including exercise of discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Adaptable and flexible with a demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently and with a team
- Work experience in fast paced high-tech industry is a definite asset
- Flexibility to work out of the physical Gastown office
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there's no ceiling to what you can achieve. It's the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You'll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You'll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you'll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it's flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.