Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world's most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It's a place where you can genuinely make an impact - and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
Global Relay requires a leader in product management to drive significant new capabilities in Global Relay's unified communications platform (Global Relay Message). The Group Product Manager (GPM) assumes business ownership of specific business or technical areas of the Global Relay Message product line. The GPM develops a strong technical understanding for their area as well as engage closely with Product Directors to understand the market and how to add value to their area to align with the Global Relay Message strategy.
The Group Product Manager will work closely with their peers to define stand-alone and cross-cutting features and capabilities for their product area and product. GPMs may also directly manage Technical Program Managers working on major components of their product area.
- Understand the product area and how it fits into the product line providing business value to our core markets
- Work directly with the business team(s) and customers/prospects to understand how Global Relay services provide the capabilities required to be successful in their jobs
- Become knowledgeable about Global Relay's market, competitive solutions, and business opportunities and provide high value solutions
- Serve as primary product expert (functional, not technical) for the product area for which you are responsible
- Collaborate with the Strategic Product Manager, Business Development, and other key stakeholders to define and align the roadmap covering your service area within the product line strategic roadmap
- Define and prioritize business area needs to be addressed and be responsible for the associated high level business requirements
- Communicate scope requirements within Global Relay using the most suitable format, including themes, initiatives, epics, user stories, workflows, use cases, narratives, and other appropriate methods
- Collaborate effectively with Technical Program/Product Managers, Architects, and Development to break work down into small increments that can be released to market
- Communicate the business value of features/solutions in your service area to the business and customers
- Understand the design, business logic, and technical architecture of their business area and how those components interact with the rest of the platform
- Coordinate cross-product dependencies within the Product Management team
- Managing the product lifecycle including managing successful product launches and product end-of-life
- Support marketing, sales, and support through leading the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral
- Manage and mentoring direct reports in their service area as they define and prioritize requirements, plan and monitor projects, conduct one-on-ones, reviews, coaching/training, and ensuring appropriate workload
- 3+ years of senior product management experience in a large program for a SaaS or enterprise software company
- 10+ years of product management experience working with micro services or SOA, internal and external API integrations, and third party integration
- Experience in communication services, such as telco service integration, WebRTC, or real-time messaging is desired
- Ability to effectively interface with customers and all stakeholders within the organization
- Experience working with cross-functional teams that include engineering, sales, and marketing staff
- Strong requirement elicitation, analysis, workflow design, domain modelling, use case modeling, and documentation skills
- Experience delivering services across desktop and mobile platforms
- Strong collaboration and problem solving skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a Lean/Agile development environment is an asset
- Strong technical background is desired
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there's no ceiling to what you can achieve. It's the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You'll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You'll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you'll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it's flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.