Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world's most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It's a place where you can genuinely make an impact - and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
As a Senior C# Developer, you will be involved in the entire SDLC process, including design, code reviews, implementation, testing, deployment, and monitoring of applications and services. Our software is developed by small, focused agile teams of developers and SDETs. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. You also get to tackle interesting and engaging problems related to scalability and high availability in big data environments.
This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best C# developers in Vancouver and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and collaboration. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you'll fit in around here.
- Produce clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant, and secure code
- Collaborate with SDETs in ensuring the quality of your code
- Produce design artifacts and spikes and provide feedback on system architecture relating to features being worked on
- Participate in design review, code review, sprint planning, and other Agile artifacts
- Collaborate with Product Management on user story generation and refinement
- Monitor and support operations of our systems in production
- Contribute to knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- Take initiative to identify and solve important problems, coordinating with others on cross-cutting technical issues
- Mentor Junior and Intermediate developers via pairing, design review, and code review
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team's code, architecture, and processes
- 8+ years of .NET software development experience, shipping enterprise grade software in an Agile environment
- Predominantly product (non-project) focused development experience, demonstrating ownership of a software product and a deep understanding of the language, frameworks, tools and technologies used with it
- Experience with C#, .NET (Core), SQL, REST, JSON
- Experience designing and developing enterprise grade, reliable, and scalable applications and micro services
- API development experience in service and resource-oriented architectures
- Experience with testing frameworks like MSTest, NUnit, xUnit, moq
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and decision-making skills
- Experience mentoring Junior and Intermediate developers
- Experience with any of the following is considered an asset:
- Other databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, Aerospike, CockroachDB
- Event streaming platforms like Kafka
- Remote Procedure Call frameworks like Thrift, WCF, gRPC
- Containerization technologies like Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes
- Continuous integration systems like Jenkins
- Code security and code quality analyzers like SonarQube, XRay
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there's no ceiling to what you can achieve. It's the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You'll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You'll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you'll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it's flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.