Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Manager, Facilities Projects to join our friendly Enterprise Communications Infrastructure & Information Security, Digital Technology Services team in Kelowna, B.C.
About the Role / What will the person work on?
The Manager, Facilities Projects is responsible for managing all aspects of Digital Health activity related to facilities capital and leasing projects. This includes ensuring the design, planning, and implementation of technology infrastructure, devices and processes; providing direction and leadership to Facilities Project Coordinators, technical teams, and contractors; approving recommendations from Digital Health managers, committees and technical teams and incorporating those recommendations into future facilities projects.
As a member of the Digital Technology Services management and leadership team, the Manager, Facilities Projects works closely with Capital Planning and Projects to develop goals, objectives, strategies, and approaches as they relate to the provision of Digital Health services in facilities capital and leasing projects.
Who are we looking for?
Someone who has experience with Digital Health and is able to develop strategic and tactical plans in a health care environment.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
How will we help them grow?
Our team members enjoy a friendly environment with peer professionals. There will be opportunities to work on cutting edge technology and platforms with support for education.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, competitive salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong technical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Baccalaureate Degree in Computer Science, Health Information Sciences or related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of information technology experience in a complex business environment (preferably healthcare), including responsibility for planning and implementing complex facilities projects; staff development and supervision.
- Or an equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education.
Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed understanding of the function, process and integration of technology in a healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and staff, including the ability to collaborate within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, plan, implement, manage, organize, and problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
"Honouring Interior Health's commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the B.C. Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Metis, or Inuit)."
Starting salary is approximately from 96K to 132K and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer's mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Metis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Metis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.