At Kabam, we're constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in...
You are a strategic-minded financial business partner and are confident in your professional skills to help an organization achieve success. You are a natural relationship builder who can establish connections across all levels and disciplines. Most importantly, you inspire others to do great work.
We are looking for a Director, Finance who will lead Kabam's global finance and accounting function and verify the integrity and accuracy of financial operations. In this role, you will safeguard organizational assets, develop efficient business processes, and maintain effective internal controls to ensure statutory compliance in all accounting initiatives. As a strategic leader, you will oversee the teams looking after financial reporting, FP&A, tax and treasury.
More specifically, you can expect to:
- Work alongside the CFO to manage Kabam's global finance, transaction operations, corporate and financial reporting, compliance and risk management.
- Direct and produce timely consolidated financial statements, manage external and statutory audits, and address various stakeholders' financial reporting requirements.
- Influence, motivate, and collaborate with your partners and FP&A team.
- Maintain Company global accounting policies, practices and controls for compliance with IFRS and accounting best practices.
- Implement process improvements and changes to address evolving external reporting standards, new business requirements and support effective decision-making.
- Provide supportive leadership and inspirational mentorship to the Financial Reporting and FP&A teams.
You will bring:
- 10+ years of experience, including 3+ years in the capacity of Controller and experience managing a team, preferably with a public company.
- Designation in CPA or CA.
- In-depth working knowledge of IFRS, Canadian and US tax laws and payroll administration with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Extensive financial reporting and consolidation experience in a multi-currency environment.
- SOX: You will be responsible for process transformation and remediation efforts to address significant deficiencies by working closely with key stakeholders in the organization.
- A highly organized and professional individual who is a strong advocate of teamwork and collaboration.
- Deliver accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Strong process and project management skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and activities to meet tight deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- Lead the evaluation and implementation of new finance tools.
- Lead the financial planning process, including the long-range, annual, and quarterly planning cycles.
- Willingness and ability to work hands-on and with a sense of urgency.
- Well-rounded thoughtful communicator who knows how to develop meaningful external and internal relationships in a fast-paced environment
Adding to the ingredient of success, you'd have:
- Public company consolidation experience
- Experience with merger and acquisition
- Experience with transfer pricing, Canada/US cross-border taxation, and SR&ED or tax credit programs
- Experience working with a global parent company
- Experience with scoping, selection and implementation of an ERP/EPM system
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn't perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam's games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple's Editor's Choice and Google Play's Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in North America, including Vancouver and Montreal in Canada, and Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.