At Kabam, we're constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture, and a drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Payroll, the Payroll Supervisor will support Kabam's Finance team to oversee and administer the day-to-day payroll and benefits activities for all US and Canadian employees across 6 studios. You have a collaborative, analytical spirit to ensure the continued success of Kabam's operations. This is a very analytically focused role, and is a great opportunity for someone experienced with multi-national payroll to join a dynamic team. The successful candidate must have experience with US payroll in multiple states, preferably within a company of over 300+ employees.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Prepare, administer and review full-cycle semi-monthly processing of hourly and salaried payroll using Ceridian Dayforce
- Prepare reconciliations, payments, and payroll changes relating to various extended health benefit carriers
- Prepare, administer and review employee health benefits with various third-party providers such as Fidelity, United Healthcare, United Concordia Guardian, and Sunlife
- Research payroll & benefits information and/or documentation to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures before processing
- Compile and prepare payroll related reports and remittances after each pay run, and as needed; monthly, quarterly, and annually for various government and non-government agencies
- Compile and review data from a wide variety of sources for analyzing purposes and ensuring compliance with mandated requirements, and/or monitoring program components
- Manage all payroll related audits including but not limited to; 401K, Worker's Compensation
- Ensure compliance with all government requirements, including taxes remittances, WorkSafe, quarterly and annual returns
- Partner with internal stakeholders on projects including but not limited to: integration of new acquisitions, external audits, system and process implementations
- Continuously evaluate, recommend and/or implement improvements to payroll processes
To be successful in this role, your background includes:
- 8+ years of Canadian and US Payroll & Benefits experience, with 1-3 years supervising a team
- Experience processing payroll for over 300+ employees
- Completed (or working towards) Certified Payroll Professional Certification
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner with staff at all levels
- Collaborates effectively with others regularly
- Supports direct and indirect team members; improves others' productivity and development; inspires and encourages teamwork
- Knowledge of federal and provincial/state payroll regulations and requirements
- Advanced Skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in Ceridian Dayforce, ADP Workforce Now, or other reputable payroll systems is an asset. Experience with system implementations/data migrations is also valuable
- Willing to learn and find solutions to complex issues
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team as well as individually
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here's a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- We know that one size doesn't fit all - every team has the flexibility to find the right balance between in-studio, remote, and hybrid in-studio/remote.
- We offer extended health coverage effective day one, with no waiting period, including a flexible health spending account and/or personal spending account! Any leftover amounts from the health/personal spending account can also be automatically added to a group TFSA.
- Telus Health Virtual Care that provides you a way to remotely interact with healthcare providers, available 24/7 to get prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- We provide an employee assistance program to ensure our people's mental and emotional well-being.
- Everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program for their RRSP.
- We offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off (no worrying about how much time has been earned), as well as paid time off for volunteering.
- We encourage development through educational support, training sessions, skill development, knowledge sharing, and more!
- We encourage our team to help us hire the best talent through our referral program, where they can earn up to $5,000 for a successful referral hire.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn't perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam's games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple's Editor's Choice and Google Play's Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.