You possess a combination of technical ability with an eye towards high visual fidelity. You can clearly articulate the capabilities and limitations of the technology to the Creative team while promoting the needs of artists and finding solutions to technical issues. You are recognized as a bridges between artists and engineers.
Sound like a match? Kabam is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join our growing studio in Vancouver! We don't just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Working closely with artists, project managers, engineers and the rest of the Technical Art team to create and improve art production workflows, tools, pipelines, and asset optimization/integration
- Developing pipelines and tools for the team
- Contributing to rigging characters, and supporting animators using those rigs
- Researching and prototyping cutting-edge tools and rigging techniques
- Finding creative solutions to realize artistic visions within the technical limits
- Support VFX artists, modelers, and animators as they produce art assets
At Kabam, we're constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. This is where you come inYour background includes:
- 5+ years development experience in Unity
- Solid game industry experience, specifically in a technical artist role
- Comfortable with troubleshooting artist technical problems
- Proficiency in Maya and/or Motionbuilder and creating tools in these programs using Python
- Knowledge of art optimization techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in Unity Scripting (C#)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here's a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- We know that one size doesn't fit all - every team has the flexibility to find the right balance between in-studio, remote, and hybrid in-studio/remote.
- We offer extended health coverage effective day one, with no waiting period, including a flexible health spending account and/or personal spending account! Any leftover amounts from the health/personal spending account can be automatically added to a group TFSA.
- Telus Health Virtual Care provides you with a way to remotely interact with healthcare providers, available 24/7 to get prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- We provide an employee assistance program to ensure our people's mental and emotional well-being.
- Everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program for their RRSP.
- We offer paid parental leave, flexible paid time off (no worrying about how much time has been earned), as well as paid time off for volunteering.
- We encourage development through educational support, training sessions, skill development, knowledge sharing, and more!
- We encourage our team to help us hire the best talent through our referral program, where they can earn up to $5,000 for a successful referral hire.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn't perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam's games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple's Editor's Choice and Google Play's Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.