For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We're on the hunt for a Junior Software Engineer on our Geointelligence team at our Richmond office
As a Software Engineer with the Global Procedure Designer (GPD) program, you will make worldwide flight safer by improving the world's leading instrument flight procedure design system. You will solve complex problems through hard work, a passion for quality, an inquisitive mind, a team-first approach and an innovative edge. A diverse team of domain experts and software professionals will support you.
- Create engineering solutions to achieve the mission of our customers in a cost-effective way
- Plan work, provide effort estimates, and drive your work to completion
- Work from requirements to develop or modify very large complex software applications
- Design, code, test, integrate, deploy, debug and document high quality software
- Troubleshoot problems in a fast-paced, continuous integration environment
- Create internal tools to support team members and automated test
- Follow industry and corporate quality standards and best practices
- A University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Programming experience in an object oriented language; experience with Java and/or C++ is desirable.
- Knowledge of object-oriented (OOP) design patterns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve complex problems within budget and on schedule
- Experience in software development process and tools is desirable
- Previous experience in the Aviation domain and Aircraft navigation concepts and systems is not required-but a keen interest in learning about it is
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
We're a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you're excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we'll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA's and Canada's leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.