For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and GeoIntelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We're on the hunt for a Deskside Support Analyst for our Information Technology team at our Richmond, British Columbia office.
Supporting all of MDA's three business areas in GeoIntelligence, Robotics & Space Operations, and Satellite Systems, our Corporate team knows from experience that working in a hands-on learning environment enables us to collaborate across disciplines and get the job done. From HR and Finance to IT and Communications, we are all committed to reaching new heights and advancing humanity's place in the universe and here on Earth.
MDA's IT Department is seeking a Infrastructure Technology Analyst to join our Tier 2 Deskside Support team. You will provide computer support services to users in all areas of the company address various technical incidents and problems, work with various types of software, and support PC hardware/peripherals and operating system platforms within secure environments.
Your duties will also include account administration, software and hardware troubleshooting, diagnosing problems, installing software, creating end user documentation, and other tasks associated with end user readiness and support. You will provide computer support to all MDA staff (Engineering, Administrative, Information Technology, etc.) within established service levels.
- Work is generally supervised and performed in accordance with established objectives and guidelines. Technical guidance is provided by the Team Lead or Manager.
- The Infrastructure Technology Analyst takes some independent actions regarding assigned work. Decisions are typically made within established guidelines. You will act as liaison with field service (external and internal) personnel to identify and resolve system hardware and software problems, and escalate or make recommendations to IT management, as appropriate, regarding the completion of assigned projects.
- Provide support to ensure stable, reliable desktop systems to the MDA user community across all offices.
- Stay abreast of new technologies.
- Must be a good team player with the ability to work well with others and demonstrate a professional demeanor.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify root causes.
- Using the corporate Service Management tool, you will provide exceptional Tier 2 technical and user support via telephone, email, and other online-based or remote control tools in a timely and courteous manner
- Enter, prioritize, and manage Incidents and Service Request tickets and ensure Users are provided with timely updates on Incident and Service Request tickets
- Use customer service skills to clearly and effectively communicate with end users using corporate telephony and messaging tools
- Perform analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of end user technology (desktops, laptops, software, mobile devices, peripherals, access) issues and escalate when required
- Perform basic analysis, troubleshooting and investigation into network, server, storage, and enterprise application issues and inquiries and escalate as required
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in Microsoft Windows 10, Active Directory, SCCM, Office 2016/O365 administration
- Continually maintains and upgrades technical capabilities and knowledge
- Creates and maintains department procedures, user guides, and support documentation
- Participates in technical testing and projects as directed
We're a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you're excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we'll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA's and Canada's leadership in this next golden age.
- Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability Status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP).
- Candidates must be fluent in English.
- A diploma or degree in in related studies and minimum 1 year of providing support (in person, email, and telephone) in a Deskside Support or Help Desk environment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must show proof of COVID vaccinations.
- Work schedule is typically Monday to Friday, and must be present onsite a minimum 3 days per week.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.