For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We're on the hunt for a Sr Manager - Product Development, Maritime in our Geointelligence Engineering Team at our Richmond, BC office.
The Sr Manager - Product Development, Maritime, is responsible for the overall vision, roadmap, and high-level plans for our Maritime product offerings. The Senior Manager of product management has a business-orientation and is responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic plan for the maritime product family. They maintain close relationships with the market (customers, evaluators, and potentials) for awareness of market needs. This includes identification of appropriate markets and development of effective marketing strategies and tactics for reaching them. This person is involved through all stages of a product family's lifecycle.
The Sr Manager - Product Development, Maritime will act as a focal point for strategy, technical, and marketing aspects of the maritime product offerings. You will balance customer requirements and market opportunities with business viability and product strategy. In this role, you will work with functional teams across various business departments to bring the product to market, including the product development team.
- Discover and validate market problems (drawing on existing and future customers)
- Seek new market opportunities by leveraging MDA's distinctive competence
- Define and size market segments
- Assess and evaluate competition
- Develop product strategy in response to market, which considers the offering that MDA must provide to best serve the market, to win against competition and to maximise return on investment.
- Develop and maintain the business plan to secure internal investment and resources
- Develop go-to-market strategy
- Develop marketing plan
- Define high-level product capabilities
- Act as internal customer for product development, approving product development plans and achievement of those plans, and as the primary stakeholder overseeing progress
- Be the product evangelist internally and externally, and participate in conferences and on Panels etc
- Work with MDA's Marketing and Communications group to implement marketing campaigns, successful conference participation, and media engagements
- Own product positioning
- This includes identification of appropriate markets and development of effective marketing strategies and tactics for reaching them. This person is involved through all stages of a product family's lifecycle
Sales and Business Development:
- Work with MDA's Sales and Business Development teams to train them on our offering and empower effective sales, including: use cases, features and benefits and competitive strengths
- Provide sales and BD source collateral and act as stakeholder for proposals and bids
- Support key customer engagements as required.
- Be the owner of the product financial performance, considering revenue, expenses and profitability.
- Develop pricing structure, strategy and set pricing
- Maintain a product revenue forecast, and view of profit over time.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Geo-information, Earth Observation experience is mandatory for this position.
- Good understanding of Earth Observation satellite data and associated application potential.
- Experience managing complex product offerings is desirable
- Knowledge of foreign and domestic government procurement processes/procedures.
- Understanding of financial aspects of projects, bids and business cases.
- Experience engaging with external Customers internationally as well as domestic
- Ability to build multi-cultural relationships and influence at all levels.
- Capability to think "outside of the box" to identify innovative and feasible solution/service options.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- Bachelor's degreeinGeospatial Sciences, Geography,Sciences, Engineering, or Information Technologyfield.
- At least ten years of successful Business Development OR Product Management in Defense & Intelligence and commercial markets.
- Experience working in one or more relevant high technology organizations.
- Demonstrated broad, complex strategic thinking capability.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to assess competition and other critical factors affecting an offering
- Ability to develop and execute against financial business models.
- Experience and domain knowledge with the IUU fishing market is a plus.
- The candidate must have the ability to obtain a Canadian Secret clearance.
- Travel to meet existing and prospective Customers to understand their requirements and to promote our offerings will be required.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.