For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We're on the hunt for a Business Analyst-IT on our team at our Montreal, Brampton or Richmond office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars.
We're a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you're excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we'll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA's and Canada's leadership in this next golden age.
This role focuses on optimizing the business-operating environment and associated subsystems in alignment with MDA Business Operations and other MDA sites. Using developer and interpersonal skills, the candidate will support the fast-paced evolution of operation processes and tools compliant to Business policies while ensuring a seamless adoption across sites.
The Business Analyst analyzes complex business problems and provide automated sustainable solutions to the organization. The Candidate support the system development life cycle from designing to testing phases. Interpretation, programming, communications and organizational skill are required. The Candidate must have a good ability to work independently and demonstrate high level of interest for innovation.
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective, meet user requirements and business policies
- Ensure compliance to MDA policies and cohesion of practices across sites
- Leverage utilization of core business systems and applications
- Represent the site at MDA Operations meetings to bring forward issues and solutions to ensure MDA-wide alignment and compliance to MDA policies.
- Recommend changes, propose alternatives, improvements and identifies gaps where business needs are not being met.
- Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements and policies
- Designs details of automated systems
- Leads cross-functional teams to address business or systems issues
- Provides technical design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance, system and technical support for Systems related initiatives
- Provides on-call support to support systems users
- Participates in software upgrades and application of patches as required per operations and IT guidelines
- Implement new technologies by participating in the assessment of tools, software, and technological practices and maintain compliance to MDA Data Governance policy
- Troubleshoot issues related to software, storage and networking
- Design training programs, create documentation and user guides, and deliver training to other Team Members
- Collaborate with other teams, team members and stakeholders
- Provide general Systems Analysis and Design support for other Business Systems activities as required
- Use tools like PowerBI, Excel, develop and report findings on key performance indicators, projections, and performance analyses
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or bachelor degree in business with major in IT , Computer/Data Science or related discipline, College degree in related field with relevant experience
- 5 years of experience in a DevOps, Developer or Business Analyst role
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Programming experience (C#, Microsoft SQL and VB.Net)
- Reporting and Business Intelligence platform: Power BI, IBM Cognos, Crystal reports, Microsoft BI (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS) are a plus or equivalent
- Complete understanding of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Flow and Finance
- Critical Thinking, Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and a positive thinker
- Experience with Integrations with UKG, HR Systems, Timesheet & Attendance Systems. Project Online, SharePoint Online, Salesforce, MES
- Experience with ERP, Infor LN 10.7, Infor Report Designer and Infor ION
- Good understanding and ability to apply various process and Design Patterns
- Hands on experience in Soap/Rest API/web service including hands on experience in building point-to-point integrations
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans, and an employee and family assistance program.
Equal opportunity statement:
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers' mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.