For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we'll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We're fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
*This role will be located preferably in Montreal, Quebec but could also sit in either Richmond BC, or Brampton Ontario*
MDA is seeking a Database Administrator to be part of the Business Systems to be responsible for the design, implementation and administration of Microsoft SQL databases hosted on-premise and in third party IaaS/PaaS/SaaS clouds. The selected candidate should have experience with Azure cloud platform and be able to work without direct supervision, with teams across multiple time zones and outsourced resources.
- Architect, develop, and manage data infrastructure
- Ensuring database security, integrity, stability and system availability
- Managing, monitoring , maintaining databases and reporting on metrics regarding usage and performance
- Making requested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data
- Perform Commvault backup/restore of SQL Server databases
- Follow the release cycles and implement on-time delivery of bug fixes, change requests and enhancement
- Implement new technologies by participating in the assessment of tools, software, and technological practices
- Design and implement ETL processes; provide technical design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance, system and technical support for data initiatives using industry standard ETL tools
- Extract data from multiple sources, integrate disparate data into a common data model, and integrate data into a target database, application, or file using efficient ETL processes
- Present ETL documentation and designs to team members and convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Responding in a timely manner to user-reported errors
- Support application development and support teams in optimal use of database and walk-through of T-SQL code
- Provide technical support for SQL Server SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, transaction processing, data access, performance tuning and database recovery
- Troubleshoot performance issues related to database objects, underlying OS and storage subsystems
- Provide on-call operations support and Support Source upgrades, Hardware/Software upgrade projects with impact analysis, fixes and end-to-end testing
- Provide operational support on failures and outages
- Troubleshoot issues related to software, compute, storage and networking
- Design training programs, create documentation and user guides, and deliver training to other Team Members on Data Infrastructure
- Collaborate with other teams, team members and stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer/Data Science or related discipline
- 5+ Years of Microsoft SQL Server (2014/2017/2017/2019)
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology
- 3+ years experience working knowledge with Azure technologies such as:
- Data Factory
- Data Lake
- Azure Synapse
- Blob Storage
- SQL Database (PaaS)
- DevpOps and Git
- Critical Thinking, Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and a positive thinker
- Experience with Integrations with ERP, UKG, HR Systems, Timesheet & Attendance Systems. Project Online, SharePoint Online, Salesforce, Banking Systems
- Experience with Informatica IICS Data Integration and Application Integration (experience with Mass Ingestion and Integration Hub also helpful)
- Good understanding and ability to apply various process and Integration Design Patterns
- Hands on experience in Soap/Rest API/web service including hands on experience in building point-to-point integration and building integrations using middleware
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
We're a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you're excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we'll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA's and Canada's leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.